Recreation Swim Rules
- The lap pool deck and spa area are a quiet area. Loud or rambunctious behavior is prohibited.
- Children under the age of 14 should not use the pool without adult supervision. (Please ask about our Swim Sticker program.) Parents must remain within arm’s reach of their non-swimmer children in any water depth that may be potentially unsafe for their ability.
- Swim diapers and/or tight fitting rubber pants are required for all children who are not potty trained. Swim diapers are available at the Trout Creek Recreation Center front desk. Parents are expected to facilitate potty breaks regularly and often. In the event of a fecal accident in the pool or spas, a mandatory 24-hour closure will be required. Patrons will be directed to available facilities.
- The spas in the lap pool area are heated above 100 degrees Fahrenheit and are not recommended for children.
- Please shower before entering the pool and/or spas.
- Please no running on pool decks.
- Please no diving or flipping.
- Please no jumping or splashing in spas.
- Please no horseplay, shoving or pushing in or around pool and/or spas.
- Please no chewing gum or breath-holding activities.
- Please no hanging on lane lines.
- Please no outside alcohol and/or smoking. Only alcohol purchased from our Marco Polo Grill is allowed in designated areas of the facility.
- Please no glass.
- Only Coast Guard-approved life jackets are allowed in the pool or spas. No other flotation devices are allowed.
- Trout Creek Recreation staff members reserve the right to prohibit any activity that they consider to be unsafe and/or disruptive.
- In the event that we must close the Rec Pool and/or family spa, recreation swim hours will be available in the Trout Creek lap pool and/or spas from 3 – 7 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. weekends, unless equivalent facilities are open and available elsewhere.
- Children 6 and under must be within arm’s reach of a parent/guardian.
Lap Swim Rules
Note: Recreation and family swim hours are available in the first lane of the lap pool from 3 – 7 p.m. on weekdays and 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. on weekends. During the summer months, the lap pool is reserved for lap swim only and the lap pool deck is designated as a quiet area during the season that the Recreation Pool is open.
- “Lap Swim” is defined by the ability to repetitively complete at least one length of the pool without assistance.
- If it becomes necessary to share lanes with other swimmers, please choose a lane with swimmers that most closely reflect your pace. Joining a lane is by agreement of swimmers occupying that lane.
- When two or more swimmers occupy a lane, swimmers may opt to split lanes. Circle swimming is required whenever three or more swimmers occupy the same lane.
- Slower swimmers should keep to the outer lanes and faster swimmers to the middle lane.
- No running on pool deck.
- No diving.
- No horseplay, shoving or pushing in or around the pool, or breath holding games.
- No chewing gum.
- No hanging on lane lines.
- No alcohol and/or smoking is allowed.
- No glass is allowed.
- Only those 18 years and older are admitted in the steam room and sauna.
- Tampering with any facility equipment other than its intended use is absolutely prohibited and will result in immediate loss of privileges (i.e. swimsuit spinner, sauna heater, lockers, ping pong table, ice machine, etc.)