As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, operations at Trout Creek Recreation Center have been adjusted in strict accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the California Department of Public Health. Thank you for exercising caution when using Trout Creek Recreation Center.
For more information on reservations, safety procedures and more, click here.
Lap Swim Rules
Note: Recreation and family swim hours are available in the first lane of the lap pool from 3-7PM on weekdays and 11AM-7PM on weekends. During the summer months the Lap Pool is reserved for lap swimming only, and the Lap Pool deck is designated as a quiet area when the recreation pool is open.
- “Lap swimming” is defined by the ability to repetitively swim at least one length of the pool without assistance.
- Two people maximum per lane. Stops between lap sets must take place at opposite ends of the pool from one another.
- When two or more swimmers occupy a lane, swimmers may opt to split lanes.
- Slower swimmers should keep to the outer lanes and faster swimmers to the middle lanes.
- No running on pool deck.
- No diving.
- No horseplay, shoving or pushing in or around the pool.
- No breath-holding games.
- No chewing gum.
- No hanging on lane lines.
- No alcohol and no smoking.
- No glass permitted.
- Only those 18 years and older are admitted in the steam room and sauna. Note – steam room and sauna are currently unavailable.
- Tampering with any facility equipment (e.g. swimsuit spinner, sauna heater, lockers, ping pong table, ice machine, etc.) is prohibited and will result in immediate loss of privileges.
- If you or someone in your group are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, do not use the facility.
- Arrive in your swimwear. No changing facilities are available.
- Bring your own towel. No shower/swim towels will be provided.
- During this time, the Rec Center will not be providing loaner equipment like goggles, sunscreen or towels. Please bring and leave with your own items. Any personal items left behind will be disposed of.
- Remove the clip from any deck furniture you use or touch and place in the dirty bin. This indicates to guests and staff that this piece of furniture is being used. Do not sit on or use any furniture that does not have a clip attached to it.
- Follow best hygiene practices. No spitting or snot rockets are allowed anywhere on the pool deck at any time. Wash/sanitize hands frequently, avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth and cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- From 6AM to 10AM, two additional lap lanes will be available in the Recreation Pool for overflow lap swimming.
- If you observe someone failing to follow these procedures, please report it to the front desk staff.
- Staff will give you a 15-minute warning prior to the end of your session
- No changing, showering or locker usage will be available.
- Failure to follow these procedures will result in loss of amenity usage privilege.