Don’t leave Fido at home when heading to Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center! You can enjoy cross country skiing, snowshoeing or even fat biking with your dog by your side.
Dog Access Rules:
- Dogs are only allowed on specified trails and access is subject to blackout days and times (see below).
- Day pass or season pass is required for skier and pet. (Dog season passes are only available to season passholders).
- A maximum of one dog per one owner/approved handler allowed on the trails at one time.
- Dogs must be vaccinated for rabies, distemper and parvo.
- Owners must be able to control their dogs by voice command and keep them within sight at all times.
- Dogs must be ON LEASH in the parking lot and around the facility and may be OFF LEASH under VOICE COMMAND once on the dog trails
- Owners must maintain adequate liability insurance coverage at all times when visiting Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center with their pet.
- Owners must pick up after their pet.
- Walking is not permitted on the trails
If you or your dog cannot meet these requirements please do not bring them to Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center.
Management reserves the right to revoke Trail Pass/Season Pass if these rules are not followed.
Accessing The Trails
Once you have purchased your pass you can proceed with your dog to the 'Dog Trailhead' located in the horse corral to the left (south) of the Adventure Center.
Dogs must be ON LEASH in the parking lot and around the facility. Once inside the horse corral and on the dog trails they must be OFF LEASH and under VOICE COMMAND.
Please pick up after your pet. Trash cans and waste disposal bags are provided for your convenience at multiple locations.
Dogs are only allowed on the following trails:
- Piece of cake
- Cup of Tea
- Silver Streak
- Rust Never Sleeps
- Upper Big Dipper
- Lower Boot Hill
- Dogs in Space
Dogs are allowed on the dog trails at these times
- Opening day – Dec. 25: Dogs are welcome all day, any day, during operating hours
- Dec. 26- Feb. 28:
- Monday to Friday - Dogs are welcome all day, during operating hours (except for holidays when we only allow dogs before 9:45AM and 3PM- 5PM).
- Saturdays and Sundays - Dogs are welcome before 9:45AM and 3PM-5PM only
- Mar. 1 – end of season: Dogs are welcome all day, any day, during operating hours