Once we have enough snow, we welcome skiers and snowshoers to bring their dog along on our designated dog trails. A season pass is required for the human and the dog (no doggy day passes will be available this year).
Does Your Dog Qualify?
- Only well-behaved dogs controlled by voice command are allowed.
- Dogs must be vaccinated for rabies, distemper and parvo.
- Owners must maintain $300,000 of liability insurance coverage at all times when visiting Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center with their pet.
If you and your dog do not meet these requirements, please do not buy your dog a season pass.
HOW TO PURCHASE YOUR DOG PASS:
Please purchase your dog pass online, and be sure to download, complete and bring this application form with you the first time you visit to receive your dog pass and or validation sticker. If this is your dog’s first pass, please also email us a headshot photo (JPG or JPEG)
RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
- Access is only permitted on specified trails and is subject to restrictions on weekends and holidays (see below).
- A maximum of one dog per owner/approved handler is allowed on the trails at one time.
- Always check the grooming report to confirm its a “dog day,” and see restrictions before heading up.
- Dogs must be ON LEASH in the parking lot and around the facility and MUST be OFF LEASH, under voice command and kept in sight once on the dog trails.
- Walking is not permitted on the trails.
- Owners must pick up after their pets.
Management reserves the right to revoke trail pass/season pass if rules are not being followed.
ACCESSING THE DOG TRAILS
Once you have obtained your dog’s season pass and current year sticker, you can proceed with your dog to the “Dog Trailhead” located in the horse corral to the left (south) of Alder Creek Adventure Center.
Dogs must be on leash in the parking lot and around the facility. Once inside the horse corral and on the dog trails, dogs must be under voice command and off leash.
Please pick up after your pet. Trash cans and waste disposal bags are provided for your convenience at multiple locations.
Dogs are only allowed on the following trails:
- Piece of Cake
- Cup of Tea
- Silver Streak
- Downward Dog (formerly Rust Never Sleeps)
- Doggy Dipper (formerly Upper Big Dipper and Lower Boot Hill)
- Dogs in Space
Dogs are allowed on the dog trails at these times:
- Opening day-Dec. 18 and March 15 through the end of the season:
- Dogs are welcome all day, any day, during operating hours unless otherwise posted on the grooming report.
- Dec. 19-March 14:
- Monday-Friday: Dogs are welcome at any time during operating hours (except for holidays*).
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays*, dogs are allowed before 9:45AM and between 3-5PM.
- *Restricted holiday dates for 2020/21 are Dec. 21-25, Dec. 28-Jan. 1, Jan. 18 and Feb. 15.