TD Nordic Kids, Junior Biathlon, and Junior Racers Program Update
Welcome to our new update page for parents and kids enrolled in the Tahoe Donner Cross Country junior programs. We’ll try to keep this updated with the latest information on all our junior programs. Bookmark this page and check back often!
The latest update: March 3, 2014:
Mother Nature continues to tease us in March!
With temperatures in the high 50s and no real snow in the forecast we have decided that THIS WEEK should be THE LAST WEEK for ALL KIDS PROGRAMS at TDXC for the season.
We have a fun week planned whatever the weather throws at us. As always come prepared to ski (and running shoes just in case) and wet weather gear if it looks like you may need it.
- Tuesday March 4 - Last Biathlon session – we will be on snow this week! Be ready for practice and a fun competition.
- Wednesday March 5 – Last TD Kids Wednesday session! Be ready for ski or games fun, s’mores and pizza to end the day.
- Thursday March 6 – Last TD Kids Thursday session! Be ready for ski or games fun, s’mores and pizza to end the day.
- Friday March 7 – Last Junior Racer session! Be ready for a final ski adventure with Beth.
We hope everyone can join us to end the TD Nordic Kids season with as much energy as we started. Thank you for your patience and support this year!
Feb. 22, 2014: Tahoe Donner Cross Country will unfortunately have to temporarily close again until we get some more snow. With a big storm in the forecast for the end of next week, we once again eagerly wait for a chance to reopen.
Tuesday Biathlon and Friday Junior Racers will still go this week! TD Nordic Kids Wednesday and Thursday Practices will be POSTPONED and we will add one week of program activities to the week of March 9! Bring running shoes for Biathlon practice and anticipate range practice to be in the parking lot for that day with lots of games and running. As for Friday, practice is officially a go as of now and with some snow will be on skis! Continue to check email updates in case the anticipated weather does not cooperate with our optimism. Thank you once again for your continued patience and support!
February 14, 2014
No Kids Programs during President’s Week (Feb. 18-21)
February 10, 2014, 2:00 p.m.
All Kids programs will be ON for this week.
February 3, 2014, 8:36 a.m.
All Junior programs will be ON for this week and, even more exciting, everyone will be on snow skiing again! We will try to skate ski with as many groups as we can accommodate. Final decisions regarding the discipline of the day will be granted to the group’s individual coaches.
Last week’s conditions were less than optimal and once again, we thank you profusely for your continued patience and support of our programs! The cold weather and additional snow in the forecast this week should keep spirits high and our skis gliding!
January 31, 2014, 9:17 a.m.
Junior Racers is ON for today and Sunday. Today they will be striding!
January 30, 2014, 11:30 a.m.
We are cancelling TD Kids programs for today. The good news is we have received 6+ inches of snow, but unfortunately we aren’t able to open quite yet.
Coaches will be here to keep the kids busy from 3:45-5 p.m. if parents are not able to make other plans on such short notice.
January 29, 2014
The weather is pretty challenging up here today – heavy rain and windy. Our coaches will be here ready for the kids if they choose to come up but we will understand if you opt to stay home today.
Snow is in the forecast for tonight – so hopefully we will be back to normal soon!
January 27, 2014
With the Cross Country Center closure and continued lack of precipitation, the past week of Tahoe Donner’s kids programs were held mostly on foot. Biathlon and Midweek Junior racers were able to venture onto the snow a bit, confirming that the snow is still out there—it just takes some work to get to it. The groups that were on foot ended up having a great time with lots of running and games!
The forecast for a weather change this week is looking progressively more promising and despite our extreme optimism, we will be crossing our fingers until the snow comes down. As for practice, we hope to be able to ski later this week, but please continue to bring your children prepared to EITHER RUN OR SKI! S’mores and a bonfire with mandatory snow dancing may be on the practice to-do list, weather permitting.
We want to send a big thank you for the continued optimism and program support displayed by parents and participants last week! We will be back on skis hopefully in time for practice on Thursday and Friday!
As always, email or call with any questions!
Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center Manager