Lesson Helpful Hints
Tahoe Donner Ski Resort specializes in teaching first timers and novices and is committed to being the best place for family fun and learning in the Tahoe region. Listed below are some tips to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
- Purchase a ski or snowboard package (includes lift ticket, lesson and rental equipment) at our ticket and lesson location. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Children must be able to use bathroom independently, be potty trained, and no pull-ups allowed.
- Meet at the appropriate Learning Center 10 minutes before your lesson starts.
- Be sure to receive your child claim check and have it when picking up your child at the end of the lesson.
- Please keep in mind that the ski lessons are physically demanding and your child must be willing to ski and separate from you. We recommend a hearty breakfast to start the day.
- Allow a least 1 hour before your lesson to be fitted with your rental equipment on most days. Allow up to 2 hours on weekends and holidays, so you can make your lesson on time.
- Be sure to have the appropriate clothing for skiing and riding. Key essentials are gloves, eyewear, jacket, and snow pants. Kids taking lessons are required to have eyewear, water proof clothing, gloves, and helmet to participate. This will help make their first experience great!
- Ask questions! Our staff is here to help and will do everything possible to make your day on the slopes a memorable one.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Safety, Fun, and Learning!
- Half day lessons have 1 hour 45 minutes of skiing (breaks will be given if needed)
- Full day lessons have up to 5 hours of skiing with a lunch break (extra breaks will be given if needed)
- Parents who wish to watch their children in class should watch from a distance to help keep the child's attention on the instructor.
- Remember, children all learn at a different rates and weather conditions play a big part.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to pick up your child if you would like to talk to your child's instructor.
- Be supportive and encouraging with your child no matter how they do in class.
- Each child will receive a 'report card' at the end of the day so that parents will know what skills were worked on in the class. Instructors will also make suggestions for the next step of instruction.
- Please note that these lessons are on-snow physically demanding lessons and not day care. Participants will be on the snow in active outdoor activities.
- If your child is in an ALL-DAY LESSON and is allergic or just a picky eater, please communicate your concerns when making the reservation and when you check in.
WHAT TO BRING!
- Sunscreen above SPF 15
- Appropriate layered clothing to be outdoors for several hours, waterproof outer layers, no need for a hat because HELMETS ARE REQUIRED (Helmets provided in lesson packages in rentals)
- Waterproof gloves or mittens. If it is snowing consider bringing a second pair.
- Goggles are required on a windy or snowy day and goggles or sunglasses on a sunny day.
- Don't forget to add a snack in your child's pocket.