Capital Projects > Timeline > Euer Valley Purchase
Euer Valley Purchase
Euer Valley Purchase
The Euer Valley purchase of 482 acres has been completed. Appropriate uses and rules are currently being crafted by staff and the board of directors, with extensive feedback from Tahoe Donner members. The Euer Valley will be open to members and guests this summer for hiking, biking, and equestrian riding, with the following guidelines:
- Motorized access to the Euer Valley is forbidden, except for Tahoe Donner staff and others who have a deeded right of way over the land.
- For the next three years, free range livestock will be present in the valley. Please avoid them and proceed with caution.
- The Euer family still owns 40 acres in the middle of the valley. This land will eventually be marked. In the meantime, please avoid hiking near the homestead and its nearby buildings.
- On select weekends this year, Tahoe Donner will offer a shuttle bus with paid access from the Equestrian Center to the Euer Valley. Check back for details this summer.
- The Euer Valley is a “pack in / pack out” destination. Please do your part to keep this a litter-free landscape.
- Respect the privacy of those who live adjacent to the Euer Valley, as well as the trail head parking at the end of Alder Creek Road. Sound levels should be kept low and any vehicles should be parked at the Equestrian Center.
Thank you for your cooperation as we make this outstanding land available to members while preserving the natural experience there.
View a map of Euer Valley (pdf) or check out this video showing what the Euer Valley has to offer.
During the escrow process prior to the sale being completed, Tahoe Donner management began a planning process to reach out to membership and identify a plan for collecting input over the next six months on the future uses of Euer Valley. A series of membership meetings were held to give members an opportunity to express opinions on the best uses of the land. Here are summaries of those meetings:
- Sunday, November 20, 2011 – Meeting summary (pdf)
- Wednesday, November 30, 2011 – Meeting summary (pdf)
- Saturday, December 10, 2011 – Meeting summary (pdf)
- Sunday, December 18, 20011 – Meeting summary (pdf)
The land purchase was financed entirely with funds from the Recreational Amenity Expansion Fund which were generated when 32 acres of undeveloped land belonging to the association (now known as Donner Crest) were sold in 2004. No special assessment was necessary for this purchase that will greatly benefit the membership and add value to owning in Tahoe Donner.
“We have been in discussion with [John Euer] for many years concerning this spectacular piece of land that we previously have been leasing… We are thrilled to have this major piece of property adjacent to Tahoe Donner available permanently to many generations of our homeowners for recreational enjoyment throughout the entire year. The board greatly appreciates the efforts of our general manager, Robb Etnyre, in seeing this purchase to completion.”
– Tahoe Donner Board of Directors President Suzy Knisley.
We look forward to generations of Tahoe Donner homeowners enjoying this land!Return to Timeline