Capital Projects > Timeline > New Amenity Signage and Wayfinding
New Amenity Signage and Wayfinding
Scope; The new signage is part of the overall effort to represent Tahoe Donner as a first-class place to live and to continue improving Tahoe Donner for future generations. The design of each sign incorporates the profile view of two popular ridgelines: The Sierra Crest as viewed from the Tahoe Donner Beach Club Marina and Castle Peak as viewed along the Pacific Crest Trail. The new signage is built to withstand snow removal and extreme weather conditions and designed with a combination of wood, steel and aluminum. The signage program was developed to unify one of the largest homeowner associations in the country and have the signage be a reflection of the culture and beliefs of the residents. At a cost of less than $700,000, each amenity and major intersection has been branded with signage that improves visual aesthetics, providing homeowners with increased pride, translating to sustainable property values, while also helping visitors successfully navigate to and from each amenity. Look for more updated signs next spring at locations such as the Campground, Cross-Country Center, Beach Club Marina, Alder Creek and Schussing Sub-monuments, and Boat Storage.
Update; see the recent article in the Sierra Sun News; http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20120920/COMMUNITY/120929991
Main Monument Sign updates and schedule
• July 28; Board requested schematic review of icons and message on
front panel to increase contrast.
• August 25; Board asked for a sample of metal with darker finish.
• September 5; Board asked to review aluminum snow cap on front and
rear panel during field trip.
• September 22; Board voted to proceed with aluminum capping on front
and back panels.
• October 12; Back lighting installed.
• October 23; Stone planter and landscaping installed.
• November 2; Aluminum snow capping installed.
2013 Wayfinding Signs Schedule
• Look for additional updated signs during spring of 2013 at locations such
as Campground, Cross Country, Marina, Boat Storage, Alder Creek and
Schussing Sub‐monuments.Return to Timeline