Tree Removal Permit Program
Tree removal permits required:
- Trees larger than 4 inches in diameter measured at 3 feet off the ground, dead or alive.
- Dead or broken trees.
No permit needed: Green limbs up to 15 feet off the ground and dead limbs up to 35 feet off the ground If you wish to exceed these limits you must obtain a tree removal permit.
Schedule an appointment at (530) 587-9432 for a staff member to view a tree and mark it for removal. At the time of the inspection, a removal permit will be issued and must be signed by the property owner prior to approval.
For a list of vendors who perform tree and brush removal services, see our Business Directory.
Applications for the chipping program are now available at One Stop and can be requested throughout the year, as frequently as needed.
- Stacked with the cut or large ends facing the street.
- In front of your home and stacked on the edge of the road, not on access easements.
- Stack loosely, no higher than 4 feet.
- Away from snow poles, fire hydrants,
trees, landscaping or structures.
- Brush and tree limbs up to 8 inches in diameter, either green or recently dead
- Minimum of 12 inches in length
- Maximum 8 feet in length
- Old, dead, hard branches with no bark attached
- Bark, pine needles and pine cones
- Roots or root wads (tree stumps)
- Scrap lumber
- Lot clearing for construction
- Garbage (trash)
- Metal or wire
Free Wood Chips
Wood chips will be available for pickup from parking lot #1 (the upper tier of the Downhill Ski Area Parking Lot) located to the southeast of the intersection of Slalom Way and Snowpeak Way, while supplies last.