Trout Creek Recreation Center
Capital Projects Process Stage 4: Final Design – Trout Creek Expansion Project
The Trout Creek Expansion Project is underway to increase usable space to enhance member safety, satisfaction, and experience, while also bringing the facility into compliance with applicable codes and industry standards. By removing interior walls and adding a modest expansion, this project will more than double available exercise space, and remedy the facility’s long-standing need to provide open space for stretching and other floor-based exercise. Additionally, an auxiliary classroom will be added to recoup floor space in the existing classroom, and to permit more flexible class scheduling.
In the future, the Trout Creek Recreation Center Amenity Task Force will develop an Amenity Master Plan that includes provisions for fitness, pools and spas, snowplay, and parking.
Built in 1993 and expanded in 2005, Trout Creek Recreation Center (TCRC) is a private fitness and recreation facility for Association members and their guests. The fitness facilities include exercise equipment and classes, heated year-round lap pool, recreation pool, sauna, steam room, and three hot tubs. This amenity has the highest overall utilization among all Tahoe Donner amenities, with substantial usage spikes and increases during holidays and summer months.
A remodel of the sauna, steam room, and poolside locker rooms was completed in 2016 to update finishes and fixtures throughout, provide improved ADA accessibility, and upgrade all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. A gym-side renovation and expansion is underway for 2018-19.
Snow play is offered to both members and the public (for a fee) on the driving range which is located south of the Trout Creek Recreation Center and adjacent to the golf course. The seasonal amenity is dependent on the weather but can run from Thanksgiving until the beginning of April.
On June 19, the Town of Truckee Planning Commission unanimously approved the Trout Creek Expansion amendment with the provision that the parking spaces be increased to be in compliance with the 2003 approved site plan. According to the Director of Capital Projects, there is sufficient space available to achieve this with some re-striping of the current parking stalls. The Director of Capital Projects has also provided the following update:
“Siteline Architects are currently finishing up other projects in their work flow, and with recent Planning Commission approvals, they will soon update their schedule for submitting construction documents to the Building Department. With these construction documents, an RFP will go out to five General Contractors for their competitive bid proposals, with the anticipation of Board approval for contract award anticipated on the September Board Agenda.”
Preparation of construction documents, Request for Proposal to five General Contractors, and bids received in time for recommendation to the Board at their September meeting.
Meetings + Members
Meeting information will be posted here when meetings are scheduled.
- John Stubbs, Chair
- Courtney Murrell
- Benjamin Levine
- Michael Bledsoe
- Forrest Huisman (Director, Capital Projects)
- Mercedes Ferguson (Trout Creek Manager)
- Kyle Winther (Trout Creek Assistant Manager)
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2017-01-04 Trout Creek Task Force Meeting
- 2017-03-09 TASK FORCE consensus
- 2017-03-09 TASK FORCE consensus at NW side
- 2017-03-09 TASK FORCE consensus at NE side
Project Updates + Timeline
- 2017-01-06 Existing Floor Plan
- 2017-01-06 Member Forum, Project Update, Trout Creek Feasibility Study
- 2017-03-23 TCRC Task Force Report
- 2017-05-17 Project Update, Trout Creek Recreation Center
- August 2017, TCRC Expansion Overview FAQ
- August 2017, TCRC Expansion Poster v2
- 2018-02-12 TCRC Task Force Project Report
- 2018-03-02 Trout Creek Expansion, Project Scope Update
- 2018-03-02 Trout Creek Expansion, Timeline
Project Information Papers
- 2016-10-07 Decision Paper for Trout Creek Feasibility Study, Board approval
- 2017-06-02 Decision Paper, TCRC update
- 2017-10-28 Decision Paper, TCRC 670 SF
- 2018-03-30 Decision Paper for TCRC expansion