Board Election 2019
Key Dates for the 2019 Election
- March 29: Applications to run for the board become available
- April 30: Applications are due no later than 4PM
- May 3: Candidate info meeting + video shoot
- May 11: Candidate Meet and Greet
- May 20: Ballots mailed to all members
- May 25: Candidates Night (live broadcast available)
- June 8: Candidate Meet and Greet
- June 23: Election day, Association Annual Meeting + BBQ
ABOUT THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tahoe Donner Association is a self–directed common interest development governed by a five-member board of directors; each director is elected for a three-year term. The board governs the financial management and general operation of the association.
ANNUAL BUDGET: $24 million, includes revenue, expenses, annual assessments and required reserve funds.
OPERATIONS: The physical management and maintenance of the association’s common areas, operation of the resort amenities and enforcement of the land-use restrictions and architectural standards.
ONGOING BUSINESS: Management of the Association Master Plan, fiscal monitoring of amenities, approval of the annual budget, utilization of open spaces and fulfilling the vision of Tahoe Donner.
WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE – YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR INVESTMENT
Your lives are busy. You may only be in Tahoe Donner a few weekends of the year. Work, traveling or taking care of your family’s needs all impact your life. While voting for your HOA may not be your first priority, your vote is very important.
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS CONTROLS:
- Costs of annual assessment dues and things like ski season passes, daily access fee, rule violation fines and more.
- Sets rules like Short-Term Rental (STR) rules and how to enforce.
- Set the organizational goals, priorities and the annual budget.
- Building new buildings/capital projects or discontinue a services.
- Establish the governance tone and culture of the community.
EXAMPLES OF BOARD DECISIONS
- Building the Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Expanding the equestrian center
- Approving new winter operation grooming machines
- Setting the Trails Master Plan
- Creating Short-Term Rental (STR) Rules
- Creating Peak Period Pricing for member guest and public
- Replacing the Snowbird Chairlift
- Expanding Trout Creek Recreation Center
- Increasing annual assessment to adequately fund reserves and operations
- Purchasing property adjacent to Tahoe Donner to preserve open space, expand recreation opportunities, and provide for the defensible space of our community
- Selecting members and setting goals for volunteer committees
- Hearing member appeals from Architectural and Covenants Committee decisions