The chipping program concludes on October 12, 2018. New this year, a chipping permit is NOT required. Just follow the stacking directions below and your material will be chipped. The chipping crew will be rotating through the association on a planned schedule of streets.
Materials to be chipped must be:
- Stacked with the cut or large ends facing the street.
- In front of your home and stacked on the edge of the road, not on access easements.
- Stack loosely, no higher than 4 feet.
- Away from snow poles, fire hydrants,
trees, landscaping or structures.
- Brush and tree limbs up to 8 inches in diameter, either green or recently dead
- Minimum of 24 inches in length
- Maximum 8 feet in length
- Old, dead, hard branches with no bark attached
- Bark, pine needles and pine cones
- Roots or root wads (tree stumps)
- Scrap lumber
- Lot clearing for construction
- Garbage (trash)
- Metal or wire
Wood chips are available for pickup on June 1, 2018 from parking lot #1 (the upper tier of the Downhill Ski Area Parking Lot). For more information about wood chip use for landscaping with regard to fire and defensible space, click here.