Tree Removal Permit Program
Tree removal permits required:
- Trees larger than 4 inches in diameter measured at 3 feet off the ground, dead or alive.
- Dead or broken trees.
No permit needed: Green limbs up to 15 feet off the ground and dead limbs up to 35 feet off the ground If you wish to exceed these limits you must obtain a tree removal permit.
Schedule an appointment at (530) 587-9432 for a staff member to view a tree and mark it for removal. At the time of the inspection, a removal permit will be issued and must be signed by the property owner prior to approval.
For a list of vendors who perform tree and brush removal services, see our Business Directory.
The chipping program is closed for the 2017-18 winter season. Applications for the chipping program can be made from May through early October (dates subject to change) at One Stop.
Materials to be chipped must be:
- Stacked with the cut or large ends facing the street.
- In front of your home and stacked on the edge of the road, not on access easements.
- Stack loosely, no higher than 4 feet.
- Away from snow poles, fire hydrants,
trees, landscaping or structures.
- Brush and tree limbs up to 8 inches in diameter, either green or recently dead
- Minimum of 12 inches in length
- Maximum 8 feet in length
- Old, dead, hard branches with no bark attached
- Bark, pine needles and pine cones
- Roots or root wads (tree stumps)
- Scrap lumber
- Lot clearing for construction
- Garbage (trash)
- Metal or wire
Wood chips are no longer available for pickup from parking lot #1 (the upper tier of the Downhill Ski Area Parking Lot).