Management urges all members and guests to respect our wildlife neighbors including bears, mountain lions, bobcats, deer, etc. and protect them as well as your homes and yourself by limiting interaction with them and not unknowingly or knowingly inviting them into your home, garage or decks. Follow a few key best practices to reducing conflict with the wildlife here in Tahoe Donner:
- Keep all garbage, food and other items like laundry detergent, lotions, etc. locked in enclosed containers
- Clean out food and food wrappers from cars and secure vehicle and close windows
- Secure house at all times and do not leave your garage door open with trash and/or other items available for animals
- Keep barbecue grills clean;
- Keep bird feeders off decks and inaccessible to bears
For more bear and wildlife awareness information you can visit, Town of Truckee’s Bear Awareness site www.townoftruckee.com/index.aspx?page=1277 and Tahoe Wild Bear Council’s site www.tahoewildbears.org/.