New Cross Country Ski Center at Tahoe Donner
After years of research, collaboration, plan development and membership review and feedback, the plans for Tahoe Donner’s new Cross Country Ski center is on the verge of final approval.
While the plans were scheduled to be reviewed in April by the Town of Truckee Building Department and Planning Commission, the Town of Truckee has recommended that the Planning Commission hearing to review the cross country ski center plans be postponed from the April 15 date for an additional, necessary review period. We will provide an update once the new date has been determined. The new date will be announced on the Town of Truckee website.
The sport of cross country continues to thrive and with limited space for retail, rental equipment, administrative offices and a small kitchen for food and beverage services, our current facility doesn’t meet the demand of our customers’ needs and now operates above capacity during peak periods. The plan for the new Cross Country Ski Center is designed to meet the changing and growing needs of our community.
- Improved level of service for both winter and summer operations
- Improved usage for school teams, young children and education programs
- Energy efficient and environmentally conscious design
- Enhanced rental facility and new public locker room
- Improved parking and access
- An architectural vision that reflects and contributes to the neighborhood and mountain location
- Improved food and beverage service
Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center will continue to serve Tahoe Donner members, the community, youth programs, regional visitors and the XC industry as a whole.
The Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center will also continue to drive revenue to the town through sales tax, tourism, and product offerings.
No special assessment is required to complete this project:
The cost for the project will be paid for out of the capital funds portion of the association’s budget. Every year a percent of each member’s annual dues is set aside into the development fund; projects that are identified by the board are eligible for such future funding and paid for from this fund.
Please express your support for Tahoe Donner’s new Cross Country Ski Center:
- Send an email to supportTDXC@tahoedonner.com (please note: emails sent to this address will also be sent to all the Town of Truckee Planning Commissioners, town council members, town staff, and Tahoe Donner staff).
- Advocacy letter templates are available; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details on the Cross Country Ski Center plans can be viewed on our capital projects page.