Recreation > Special EventsSpecial Events
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT, NOV. 28
Save the date! A Tahoe Donner favorite returns to kick off the holiday season. As always, Light Up the Night will take place at The Lodge Restaurant & Pub from 5 – 8 pm. This family-friendly event is perfect for the whole family and participating in events is free. Don’t forget—your kiddos will even get to meet Santa too! Don’t forget to wear your ugliest sweater for a chance to win our ugly sweater contest!
Featured activities include:
- Reindeer games area
- Santa’s arts and craft workshop
- Frosty’s hot cocoa and s’mores
- Pictures and gifts with Santa Claus
- Ugly sweater contest
- Christmas caroling
- The lighting of the tree
- Letters to Santa
- Storytelling by Mrs. Claus
- Local community entertainment
- Project MANA food drive
- Benefit raffle with Tahoe Donner prizes
- Adult dinner and drinks in the restaurant
- 5 p.m. – Event begins; hot cocoa, s’mores, raffle tickets, tree lighting raffle, Mrs. Clause storytelling
- 5:15- 5:45 p.m. – Tahoe Truckee Community Choir caroling
- 5:30 p.m. – Announce name of tree lighting raffle winner
- 5:45 p.m. – Tree Lighting
- 6:00 p.m. – Santa arrives
- 6:15 p.m. – Ugly Sweater Contest judging
- 6:30 p.m. Project MANA raffle winners announced
RENT OUR OUTDOOR MOVIE SCREEN FOR YOUR OWN PARTY OR EVENT!
Our staff will set up, operate, and break down. Call the recreation coordinator at 530-582-9646 for more details.
COST: $400 FOR THREE HOURS OF USE; DELIVERY FEES MAY APPLY.