Cross Country Ski Center COVID-19 Safety
STATE COVID-19 GUIDELINES MAY REQUIRE SUDDEN CHANGES TO OUR PLANS AT ANY POINT. THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED WITH CURRENT POLICIES. PLEASE REVIEW FREQUENTLY AND PRIOR TO COMING ON-SITE AT TAHOE DONNER.
- Masks covering your nose and mouth are required at all times indoors, in the parking lot, around trailheads, in lift lines and anywhere physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Trail hours are 8:30AM-5PM daily (conditions permitting). Check our daily grooming report to see what trails are open and if we are offering season pass 7AM skiing prior to coming out.
- Warming huts are not currently open.
- Dog trails are now open for dog season pass holders who purchased before we sold out. If you did not buy a dog season pass, please leave your dogs at home. No doggy day passes are available and no dogs will be allowed on the patio this year.
- Season passes are no longer available for purchase.
- To activate your season pass, bring your previous year’s pass for your annual verification sticker or present your email receipt or membership card at the ticket window if you are a first-time passholder.
- Free armbands or lanyards are available so our ticket checkers can see you have a pass.
- No reservations for passholders to ski are currently required.
- Indoor changing rooms will not be available. Please use your vehicle.
- Non-passholders are required to purchase a trail pass each day you ski or snowshoe via shop.tahoedonner.com.
- You must pre-purchase trail passes online; present your receipt at a ticket window to receive your ticket.
- Busy days are anticipated to sell out. Skiing mid-week is recommended.
- All sales are final.
- Pre-purchasing rental gear online is required this season via shop.tahoedonner.com.
- Anticipate a little wait time queuing outside to ensure physical distancing.
- Queuing is not allowed inside the building.
- Present your receipt when requested.
SKI SCHOOL LESSONS
- Our ski school is excited to offer private lessons by the hour with certified and professional instructors, allowing us to provide a safe and positive learning experience tailored to your family.
- Lessons must be pre-purchased online shop.tahoedonner.com.
- We have a wonderful selection of apparel and accessories in our retail shop this year and have expanded our display area.
- Please ask at the ticket window or the on-snow info table for shopping details.
- Our public wax room will be open during business hours. Limit of one person or member of the same household in the room at a time.
- Our tech room services are available if you would like our experts to do the work for you. Ask at the ticket windows for details.
FOOD + BEVERAGE SERVICES
- Plan to buy lunch “to go” from Alder Creek Cafe with outdoor queuing to receive your food.
- Menus include delicious and healthy hot and cold options.
- Indoor seating will not be provided; the ski industry is encouraging guests to think of their cars as a lodge this year due to indoor restrictions.
- Limited outdoor picnic tables are provided at the ski area for Alder Creek Cafe customers. Please only remove your mask when eating and vacate the tables when finished to allow others to dine. Indoor seating is not available.
WHAT ELSE TO PLAN FOR
- To park, be ready to show your pre-purchased trail pass, trail pass, season pass or cafe receipt to a parking attendant when you arrive.
- Please leave your dogs at home unless they have a valid dog season pass.
- Please stay outside other than when grabbing rental equipment or food.
- Outdoor restrooms will be provided, as indoor restrooms will be limited.
- Dress appropriately to queue outside when redeeming products purchased online.
- Limited outdoor cubbies/lockers can store your gear, but please use your car to change and boot up.
- Ski early in the morning or after 3PM to avoid the busiest times of day.