Downhill Ski Resort COVID-19 Safety
STATE COVID-19 GUIDELINES MAY REQUIRE SUDDEN CHANGES TO OUR PLANS AT ANY POINT. THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED WITH CURRENT POLICIES. PLEASE REVIEW FREQUENTLY AND PRIOR TO COMING ON-SITE AT TAHOE DONNER.
DOWNHILL SKI RESORT WINTER SEASON
This Season’s Guest Expectations
- Stay home if feeling sick or if you might have been exposed to others with COVID-19.
- Practice physical distancing by maintaining at least six feet between unrelated parties.
- Live Together, Ride Together. Household members can ride lifts together. Non-household members may only ride together if at least one seat is left vacant between them. We will not ask guests to share a lift ride with someone they are not comfortable riding alongside.
- Face coverings over your nose and mouth are required:
- All times indoors
- Around the base area of the mountain and lodge
- Slow zones and learning areas
- In lift lines, riding lifts, and unloading areas
- Parking lots
- On shuttle buses
- Anywhere physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Season passholders are able to use their passes any day throughout the season.
- No reservations are required for season passholders to ski at this time.
- Guests are required to pre-purchase tickets and access to all services online.
- Capacity is limited on the mountain to ensure physical distancing.
- On busy days, such as weekends and around holidays, we anticipate selling out; be sure to purchase your tickets online in advance.
SKI SCHOOL LESSONS
- The ski school is excited to offer one- or three-hour private lessons, which allows our certified and professional instructors to provide the best possible experience for you and your family during these unique times.
- Lessons can be pre-purchased online.
- Due to COVID-19, Tahoe Donner is not offering youth learn-to-ski programs in the 2020/21 season.
- Guests are required to pre-purchase rental equipment online.
- Rental orders will be picked up at our ticket windows and outdoor queuing to allow for physical distancing.
- All equipment gets disinfected after every use.
- Special attention has been put into designing a flow to keep guests and staff safe.
- Watch our rental equipment fitting video prior to arrival so you understand how equipment should fit properly.
FOOD + BEVERAGE SERVICES (Food and Beverage available 11AM-3:30PM daily)
- You may order food and beverage online from our ChowNow app or purchase in person. You will receive an email to let you know when your order is ready.
- Outdoor seating for dining is allowed with physically distanced tables and chairs. Please remove your mask only when eating and vacate your table(s) when finished to allow others to dine.
- All alcoholic beverages must be purchased in conjunction with a food purchase per California state regulations.
- Indoor seating is not available. The ski industry is encouraging guests to think of their cars as a lodge this year due to indoor restrictions.
- Drinking fountains are not available. Please bring your own water.
BUILDING ACCESS + MOUNTAIN OPERATIONS
- To park, you must show your pre-purchased trail pass, lift ticket or season pass to a parking attendant when you arrive.
- There is minimal access to the lodge, so be prepared to use an outdoor restroom.
- You will not be able to use indoor facilities to change; this means putting your boots and gear on at your vehicle.
- Shuttle buses are available to get you from your car to the chairlift area, but the short walk is a great warmup!
- Physical distancing is enforced on shuttle buses at all times. Masks are required.
- Additional maze lines and chairlift rules are implemented for physical distancing.
- When using a chairlift, you may only ride with people who live in your household.
- Chairlift riding and disinfecting protocols have been put into place at Downhill Ski Resort.
- Dogs and pets are not allowed at the Downhill Ski Resort, with the exception of a verified service animal.