Tahoe Donner’s Giving Fund is excited to launch its biggest outreach ever for Giving Tuesday, appropriately named #GivingFundTuesday.
GIVING TUESDAY is November 30, and the Tahoe Donner Giving Fund is asking you to speak loud and proud about your support of the Truckee community. We encourage you to donate to the Giving Fund and to post on your social media pages what inspired you to give. Here are some great reasons:
- $50 could provide fresh, seasonal, sustainably grown food for a community member facing food insecurity
- $100 could harden 15 feet of trail for mountain biking
- $175 could help fund a college scholarship for a student with limited funds
- $250 could fund 120 meals for local senior citizens
Donate at least $50 on #GivingFundTuesday, and the first 100 donors will receive a gift certificate for 20% off your total food bill (up to $250) at The Lodge Restaurant & Pub.
The beauty of Giving Tuesday is that it is a completely online, one-day-only experience for donors and nonprofits. And what’s an online experience without a post to a favorite social media site to show affinity? We’re excited to introduce the #GivingFundTuesday “Unselfie,” a template to post instead on Nextdoor, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook to show your support for the Giving Fund.
Here’s how you can be “Unselfie” and raise awareness of #GivingFundTuesday:
- Download and print your “Unselfie” template
- Write why you choose to give to the Giving Fund on the template
- Take a selfie of the “Unselfie” template you created
- Post the “Unselfie” photo to your social media profiles with the hashtag #GivingFundTuesday
When you choose to give to the Giving Fund to help support causes like local arts and culture, health and human services, animal welfare and treasured open spaces, you’ll be showing your support for our wonderful community.
Tahoe Donner Giving Fund’s mission is to inspire generosity and pool charitable giving among our Tahoe Donner neighbors. The Giving Fund supports local nonprofits in greater Truckee to provide scholarships to local students, bolster nonprofit community services, advance environmental organizations and support trail stewardship. Contributing on #GivingFundTuesday helps the Giving Fund strengthen our community.