COVID-19 UpdateAssociation News, Member News
Dear Tahoe Donner Community,
We hope you are staying safe and growing excited as we move closer to winter and the holidays. We’d like to take a moment to update you on the recent amenity changes that have come down from the state level. The health and safety of our members and staff are of the utmost importance, and we want to keep you in the loop as we move forward.
Governor Gavin Newsom’s recent COVID-19 announcement has caused 40 counties in California — including Nevada County — to tighten their restrictions on businesses in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Daily cases have doubled in the last 10 days, which is the fastest increase since the beginning of this pandemic. This means Nevada County and Tahoe Donner will be stepping back two tiers from the orange to the most restrictive purple tier effective today.
In Nevada County, while the 4.3% positivity rate is within the guidelines of the orange tier, 14 new COVID-19 cases per day per 100,000 people has been the recent adjusted case rate, which is the metric that required the move to the purple tier. If a county’s adjusted case rate for tier assignment and test positivity measure fall into two different tiers, the county will be assigned to the more restrictive tier. To learn more about tiers and the statuses of local businesses in our county, click here.
Given this announcement and to ensure the safety of our members, staff and guests, certain measures will go into effect immediately:
- Trout Creek Recreation Center Gym will close until restrictions loosen
- Lap and Rec Pools remain open at this time
- The Lodge Restaurant & Pub will transition to daily take-out only from 5-8PM starting Wednesday, November 18
Architectural Standards and Member Services offices will serve the membership remotely without window services. Tahoe Donner staff are eager to continue to serve the membership and can be reached via:
- Architectural Standards: email@example.com or (530) 587-9407
- Member Services: firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 587-9400
- Covenants Rules + Enforcement: email@example.com or (530) 414-8166
- Annual Assessment: firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 587-9417
- For more department and amenity information, click here
Certain Tahoe Donner accesses going forward will not change:
- Outdoor recreation with limitations is still allowed in the purple tier
- Current regulations associated with the purple tier do not change Tahoe Donner’s winter operations, which were already limited or eliminated indoor use and is designed to physically distance people from different households
- We are continuing to work diligently to prepare you and your family for a winter full of fun and safety, and we look forward to seeing you
Tahoe Donner staff are proud to have strong association-wide protocols already in place, which have allowed the organization to flex in various ways to meet the challenges of this pandemic and keep our beautiful mountain community safe. We will continue to adjust and ensure that your needs are met safely and as timely as possible.
As we move into the snowy season, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention urge you all to be safe and make kind choices. Wearing a mask, washing your hands, staying home if you feel under the weather and only gathering with those in your immediate household will keep you and your loved ones safe. Your perseverance saves lives. Thank you for your understanding and dedication.
Knowing that our community has kept each other safe throughout this unprecedented year has been a truly bright light in 2020. We look forward to celebrating together in person again, but in the meantime, we are excited for the lifts to spin, the trails to open and to see you soon on the snow.