Cluster Mailbox Consolidation and Overhead Roof Structure
Capital Projects Process Stage Two: Project Analysis
To review and recommend options to improve mail delivery service in Tahoe Donner.
Tahoe Donner has 2,630 aging, non-repairable mailboxes in four locations. TDA has asked the USPS to re-sequence these mailboxes to permit neighborhood delivery for more Members. TDA has also offered to work with the USPS to replace the existing mailboxes with 2,160 new mailboxes under roofed structures at three locations. However, the USPS prefers that TDA install 6,473 new mailboxes to eliminate future sequencing problems, even though approximately 85% of Tahoe Donner homes do not require mail delivery. No response from the USPS to Tahoe Donner’s Nov. 18, 2017, letter proposing a solution to the mailbox problem has been received.
Awaiting further information from the USPS. Board direction will be sought in May.
Task Force + Contact
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- George Rohrback (Chair)
- John McGregor
- Michael Fajans
- Forrest Huisman (Director of Capital Projects)
- 2016-07-12 PIP, Cluster Mailbox Consolidation
- 2016-07-19 Task Force Meeting Summary, Mailbox Consolidation
- 2016-07-23 approved PIP, Cluster Mailbox Consolidation
- 2016-08-08 Task Force Meeting Summary, Mailbox Consolidation
- 2016-09-19 Task Force Meeting Summary, Mailbox Consolidation
- 2017-11-18 Post Master Letter