Alder Creek Adventure Center Trailhead Boardwalk + Trail Restoration
WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- The Alder Creek Adventure Center Trailhead Boardwalk and Trail Restoration Project includes the trail restoration and safety of trail users around the Adventure Center.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- The wetland area around the Adventure Center has deteriorated, and this will provide a safer trailhead from the Alder Creek Adventure Center parking lot.
- The existing trail will be restored through wetland to a natural state.
- Trail-user traffic will be avoided around the Equestrian Center.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- This project will return the wetland habitat back to its natural state, benefiting the environment around it.
- For recreators, this project will also realign the trailhead to head out of the parking lot instead of out of the driveway, creating a safer user experience.
- The trail that will be restored will be shut down in the spring when it is too wet to comply with permitting agencies. The existing trail will be restored after the new alignment is complete.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
- This project should be complete by fall 2021.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST?
- The total cost is anticipated to be $350,000.
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?