Alder Creek Adventure Center Trailhead Boardwalk + Trail Restoration
WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- The Alder Creek Adventure Center Trailhead Boardwalk and Trail Restoration Project provides for trail restoration and the safety of trail users around the Adventure Center.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- The wetland area around the Adventure Center has deteriorated; the existing trail will be abandoned and restored to its natural state, benefiting the environment around it.
- This project will also realign the trailhead to head out of the Alder Creek Adventure Center parking lot instead of out of the driveway, creating a safer user experience.
- Trail-user traffic will be diverted around the Equestrian Center.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- The former Alder Creek Trail is now closed.
- Parking lot impacts in the summer of 2022; those impacts are complete.
WHAT IS THE STATUS?
- This boardwalk and new trail were completed in the fall of 2022.
- The former Alder Creek Trail will be restored as soon as conditions permit.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST?
- The total cost is anticipated to be $350,000.
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?
- Current graphic
- Jan. 27, 2023 board meeting presentation
- June 24, 2022 board meeting presentation
- May 27, 2022 board meeting presentation
- November 11, 2021 board meeting presentation
- August 27, 2021 board meeting presentation
PLEASE NOTE: The Alder Creek Adventure Center Trailhead Boardwalk + Trail Restoration project is in development by Tahoe Donner Association. The information provided is preliminary and subject to change. Drawings and renderings herein are for conveying Tahoe Donner Association’s vision of future projects. No warranties, expressed or implied, are made.