Glacier Way Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion
WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- This project will expand the Glacier Way Trailhead parking lot to add more parking spaces and a permanent restroom facility to the site.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- The Glacier Way Trailhead parking area is one of the most popular trailheads in Tahoe Donner for both summer and winter use. The current parking lot is undersized for its current use, and there is also a need for permanent restroom facilities in this area.
- The Glacier Way Trailhead Parking Expansion Project was included in the Tahoe Donner 5-Year Implementation Plan (5YIP).
- The project was identified as a key component in the approved 2022 Trails and Open Space Master Plan.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- Impacts will be determined as project design is developed.
WHAT IS THE STATUS?
- Staff are entering into a Professional Services Agreement with Millennium Planning & Engineering to provide professional civil engineering, planning and environmental services to design and permit the project.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST OR BUDGET?
- The board has approved soft costs not to exceed $106,177 in 2023.
- $555,000 has been allocated in the 5-year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for construction.
- Final construction costs will be refined as the design develops.
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?
PLEASE NOTE: The Glacier Way Trailhead Parking Lot Expansion Project is in development by Tahoe Donner Association. The information provided is preliminary and subject to change. Drawings and renderings herein are for conveying Tahoe Donner Association’s vision of future projects. No warranties, expressed or implied, are made.