WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- The Snowplay Snowmaking Project encompasses the ability to have snow made at the Snowplay amenity in the winter months, even in seasons with little snow.
- Snowmaking is an insurance policy to offer a quality and consistent service, particularly during the holiday period, which is key for generating revenue and serving the membership.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- Past seasons have seen less early-season snow, which affects the reliability to offer Snowplay and/or maintain its quality experience.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- The acquisition of a snowmaking gun will create more member enjoyment out of Snowplay all season long, especially in the early months of the season and around the holidays.
- Blowing snow for an estimated 2-3 weeks per season using the industry’s quietest snow-making equipment available.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
- Phase 1 of the project was approved by the board in October 2020, and construction is complete. This allowed for snowmaking under a temporary-use permit with the Town of Truckee for the beginning of the 2020/2021 season.
- Phase 2 is in progress, which is a change of use permit amendment from the Town of Truckee. It is anticipated that Phase 2 will be completed in 2021.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST?
- The total cost is anticipated to be $200,000, which is anticipated to be recouped within 2 low-snow winters.
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?