DO I HAVE TO BE A FULL-TIME TAHOE DONNER RESIDENT TO VOTE IN THE ELECTION?
No. Individuals owning property in Tahoe Donner are entitled to one vote per parcel owned, e.g., a single-family residence or an unimproved lot. It is a requirement that you be the member of record as of the date ballots are mailed, this year on May 27.
DO I HAVE TO BE A REGISTERED VOTER IN THE TOWN OF TRUCKEE TO VOTE IN THE TD ELECTION?
No. Your primary residence for general voter registration does not have to be your Tahoe Donner address in order to vote in the Association election.
WHAT ADDRESS IS USED FOR MAILING BALLOTS?
Ballots are mailed to the address on file in the Accounting Office. This is the same address used for mailing annual assessment notices.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY ADDRESS?
Contact Member Services at (530) 587-9400 ext. 0. or the Accounting Office if your permanent mailing address has changed. You may also update your contact information online here.
WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT MY BALLOT TO ARRIVE?
Ballots are mandated to be mailed at least 30 days in advance of the Annual Membership Meeting which occurs this year on June 28. Election packets will be mailed this year by May 27. Election updates, including notice of the ballots being mailed, are published in the weekly e-mail blasts as well as in the monthly Tahoe Donner News magazines. The best way to stay informed of all important dates related to the election is to subscribe to the weekly e-mail blast which is sent every Tuesday. If you are not currently subscribed, sign up at http://www.tahoedonner.com/subscribe.
HOW DO I RETURN MY BALLOT?
Mail: This year, it is more important than ever to return your ballot my mail if possible. The easiest way to return your ballot is to use the pre-paid return mail envelope included in the voting packet. It is addressed to the accounting firm Tahoe Donner uses to tabulate the votes. There are strict requirements related to enclosing the actual ballot in a ballot envelope which is then placed in the return envelope. The outside of the envelope must be signed by the property owner in order to count. Ballots mailed to the accounting firm must be received by 5PM on June 26, 2020.
In-person: If you haven’t yet mailed in your ballot, vote in person at Northwoods Clubhouse on June 26 between 9AM-5PM during the virtual board of directors meeting or on June 28 from 10-11:30AM during the annual meeting of members. A TD or government-issued ID is required to vote.
Northwood Clubhouse is closed, but you will be directed to the backside of the building to a walk-up counter where the Inspector of Election can help. You are not able to drop ballots off to Member Services or staff. They must be returned during the times mentioned above to the Inspector of Election. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When voting in person, please observe the following protocols:
- Wear a face covering at all times, mandated by State of California orders.
- Please always practice social distancing while in the facility, getting to the facility, going anywhere within the facility, on access paths or in parking lots. Remain six feet away from anyone not currently living with you in your home.
- Please remember to not touch your face when you have entered the facility unless you have washed your hands or used either your own or the provided hand sanitizer.
- No loitering before or after dropping off your ballot.
PLEASE NOTE – THERE IS NOT A DROP-OFF BOX IN MEMBER SERVICES. MEMBER SERVICES STAFF CANNOT ACCEPT HAND DELIVERED BALLOTS. THEY MUST BE HANDED TO THE INSPECTOR OF ELECTIONS OR DESIGNEE WITH PHOTO ID AT TIMES SPECIFIED ABOVE.
I LOST MY BALLOT OR DID NOT RECEIVE ONE. WHAT DO I DO?
Contact the Administration Office at (530) 587-9431 Monday – Friday, 8AM-5PM, or contact the Elections Committee at email@example.com. Once name, property ownership and photo ID are confirmed, a new ballot will be issued.
I OWN MORE THAN ONE PROPERTY IN TAHOE DONNER. AS SUCH, I HAVE RECEIVED MORE THAN ONE BALLOT. CAN I RETURN ALL THE BALLOTS IN THE SAME ENVELOPE TO SAVE ON POSTAGE?
No. To be counted, each individual ballot must be returned in the envelope that includes the unit and lot number pre-printed on the outside. If more than one ballot is returned in the envelope it is impossible to know if the voter is entitled to more than one ballot based on property ownership, or if the ballot was obtained in another way. If more than one ballot is received in an official envelope, only one ballot is counted.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CANDIDATES?
There are a number of ways the Elections Committee facilitates getting information to the membership about each individual candidate. They include:
- A written candidate’s statement is solicited from each candidate as soon as they are deemed eligible to run for the board. These statements are posted online and included in the election materials sent to all members. Candidates are encouraged to include an e-mail address on the statement so members can contact them directly with questions or concerns.
- All candidates are invited to record a short introductory video and provide an official candidate photo to be included on their personal Tahoe Donner candidate webpage.
- Two virtual Candidate Meet and Greets are scheduled during the campaign period. Candidates are able to respond to members questions submitted electronically and articulate their campaign platforms. These sessions are moderated by the Inspector of Elections and will take place on May 16 and June 6 from 6-7:30PM.
- One formal Candidate’s Night Virtual Forum will be held on May 23 to allow each candidate to answer the same questions so that members may compare candidate responses and help to inform their vote. Members are asked to submit their questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 18. The committee will then review all questions submitted, identify common themes being raised and develop the question set for the forum. This forum is moderated by the Inspector of Election, live-streamed and recorded for posting on the website.
- Questions for candidates can also be submitted any time during the election cycle to email@example.com. The committee will forward the questions to all candidates for a response.
If you don’t see your question answered here, please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.