Summer Construction Requirements + RemindersArchitectural Standards, Association News, Featured, Member News
By Sheryl Walker, Architectural Standards Office Manager
As the building season gets started this year, the Architectural Standards Office (ASO) would like to take this opportunity to remind our members and contractors of some of the requirements for building in Tahoe Donner.
CONSTRUCTION HOURS + WORKSITE REQUIREMENTS
- The Town of Truckee Short-Term Rental and Noise Ordinance that came into effect January 1, 2021, is now more restrictive with construction noise than Tahoe Donner’s ASC Rules associated with construction hours. Please don’t start too early or work too late.
- Town of Truckee Ordinance 2020-07 Construction. Noise sources associated with construction, repair, remodeling, or grading of any real property; provided a permit has been obtained from the Town as required; and provided said activities do not take place between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. on weekdays, between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. on Saturdays, or at any time on Sunday or a federal holiday.
- Do not park on other people’s property or block the street or access easement.
- Deliveries should be made only to the property under construction.
- Be considerate of neighbors and reduce loud noises as much as possible.
- Please play music at a reasonable level only, not loud enough to be heard over the noise of tools.
- Keep construction sites tidy and free of debris.
- Store materials neatly on your property.
- Make sure the required sanitary facilities are on site prior to construction and that your employees use them.
If you have concerns about a construction site, please address them directly to the contractor or the owner. Most are more than happy to take care of any concerns quickly and simply. If your concern is not resolved with this approach, please report concerns like garbage, litter, loud radios and more to the Architectural Standards Office at either (530) 587-9407 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEMPORARY SNOW SHELTER REMOVAL
Now that the weather is warming and any lingering snow is well and truly melting, please remove any remaining snow protection devices (plywood covering windows and entranceways, etc.). Before storing them, please take the time to put a coat of paint or stain on them to keep them looking consistent with the rest of your house.
As a reminder, if you are doing any exterior work on your home, please call or email ASO prior to commencement and provide a description of the proposed work. Oftentimes the work is “like-for-like” and a quick call can help update your file with these notes. If the work changes the exterior of your house and/or garage with material or color changes or if new landscaping will be constructed on your lot, please contact ASO to see if a permit is required from Tahoe Donner. Please remind your contractor that all new exterior work, including landscaping projects, requires permits from both Tahoe Donner and possibly the Town of Truckee.
Additionally, if you have any questions please stop by ASO, call (530) 587-9407 or send an email to email@example.com.