Rates + Rules
Snowplay is now closed. Thanks for a great season!
Tickets are required by all visitors to be on the Snowplay grounds. Admission is free for Tahoe Donner members with a paid 2018/19 Recreation Fee. Admission includes sledding and tubing equipment; personal tubing and sledding equipment is not allowed.
Snowplay Daily Rates 2018/19
w/ Rec Fee
|Toddler (age 3 and under)||Free||$3||$5||$10||$15|
|Child (age 4-12)||Free||$5||$12||$22||$29|
|Junior (age 13-17)||Free||$6||$15||$27||$34|
|Adult (age 18-59)||Free||$8||$20||$34||$41|
|Senior (age 60-69)||Free||$5||$12||$22||$29|
|Super Senior (age 70+)||Free||$3||$5||$10||$15|
*Transferable Guest Card or accompanying member required.
**2018/19 Peak Dates: Dec. 22-Jan. 6, Jan. 19-20, Feb. 16-23.
- Tickets are required by all visitors to be on the Snowplay grounds.
- All participants must have a ticket visibly attached to their person at all times. Tickets are valid only the day purchased.
- Participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a paid adult in the Snowplay area. One complimentary “Spectator” ticket maximum is allowed per party. Spectators cannot push, pull or ride a sled or tube.
- Tubing and sledding are allowed only when Tahoe Donner Snowplay is open and staff are present.
- Only Tahoe Donner issued tubes and sleds are allowed and must remain in the Snowplay area.
- Helmets are encouraged.
- Ski boots are prohibited.
- Sled and/or tube in designated areas only.
- The Snowplay area is a family amenity. Smoking, alcohol or foul language are not permitted.
- No dogs are allowed in the Snowplay area. Dogs must be on leash in the parking area.
- Snowplay Staff reserve the right to refuse admittance, to revoke the ticket or have a person removed from area.
- Any person failing to comply with facility rules or engaging in reckless, unsafe or inappropriate behavior can result in any of the above named enforcements.
- Tubers must be at least 36” tall.
- Sit in the tube with your legs out in front of the tube.
- Secure all loose items and place the tube leash and ring inside the tube.
- Hold onto the handles.
- Wait for the cue to go from your starter attendant.
- If your starter allows two tubes to go down at one time, you must hold onto each other’s tube all the way to the bottom.
- Upon reaching the bottom, immediately exit your tube and move quickly to a designated walkway.
- Do not ride tubes on walkways or pull passengers in tubes.
- Children under 36" tall must be accompanied by an adult while sledding.
- Sledders must be in a feet first position. No headfirst sledding or standing is permitted.
- Sledders may ride 2 persons per sled. No more than 2 persons per sled are allowed.
- Wait until your sled lane is clear of sleds and/or other persons.
- Do not start or stop from the middle of the sledding lane. If you fail to reach the bottom, please exit the sled lane quickly and return to the top of the run.
- Upon reaching the bottom, immediately exit your sled and move quickly to a designated walkway.
- Sledders must have the ability to control and/or stop their sled. Sledders who are unable to do so may be required to ride with an adult.
- Do not walk in sled runs.
- Unmanned aerial drone use by guests or the media on Tahoe Donner property is prohibited without prior written approval of Tahoe Donner Association.