THE EQUESTRIAN CENTER IS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON.
Beginning in the summer, we offer long- and short-term horse boarding. Submitting an application does not guarantee a boarding space. For more information, call (530) 587-9470 or email equestrian manager Krystal Rae Mecham.
2021 BOARDING DATES
June 1, 2021-October 17, 2021
Reservations are required
APPLICATIONS NOW AVAILABLE FOR MEMBERS
Applications available beginning January 1 for Tahoe Donner members | Click here to submit a boarding application
Non-members may submit an application beginning February 1, 2021
BASIC PADDOCK BOARDING – 2021 RATES
12’ x 24’ partially covered pipe corral paddocks are available as space permits and include:
- Daily cleaning
- Twice daily feeding of grass and/or alfalfa hay
Cost per night: Member $30, Non-Member $49
Cost per week: Member $124, Non-Member $199
Cost per month: Member $439, Non-Member $589
24-hour cancellation policy
DELUXE LARGE PADDOCKS AVAILABLE
We have four (4) deluxe large 24′ x 24′ paddocks with a 12′ shelter. Based on availability for one horse capacity. First come, first served.
Cost per night: Member $38, Non-Member $55
Cost per week: Member $164, Non-Member $251
Cost per month: Member $619, Non-Member $779
24-hour cancellation policy
TAHOE DONNER EQUESTRIAN CENTER BOARDING RULES AND INFORMATION
- Please keep a halter and lead-rope on your horse’s stall or paddock.
- Each boarder will be given a closet in a tack shed to keep personal equipment in. Please bring your own lock for your closet.
- Personal grain bins should be stored in your tack space. If you have grain that you would like the equestrian staff to use, please have it portioned out in Ziplocs and let the equestrian manager know. We will feed your horse at the advised time. Please label the Ziploc with your horse’s name and AM/PM.
- Please clean up after your horse when using the arena and round pen.
- Any visitors you bring to the TD Equestrian Center, even if not riding, must check in at the office and fill out a release form. Minors will need to have a parent sign for them.
- If you have a guest that wishes to bring their horse for a day of riding, please give us 24 hours’ notice. Your guest will need to check in at the office and fill out release forms before unloading their horse(s).
- Do not take your horse across the parking lot.
- When riding on trails please give tourist trail rides right of way. Approach and leave such groups at a walk.
- Do not ride your horse on any trail that goes near a house in Tahoe Donner.
- Please stay off of very wet and muddy trails.
- Hikers, mountain bikers and horses all share the trails in Tahoe Donner. Hikers and bikers are asked to yield to the horses. Please be courteous to any hikers or bikers that you may meet.
- Euer Valley: Only a certain portion of the Euer Valley is open for our use. Please stay out of the areas that are posted as private property. Maps are available in the office.
- 7 C’s Ranch: Stay away from this area. It is clearly marked on the Euer Valley map. They are not friendly to trespassers and they have a very active gun range on their property.
- Please leave the front gates as you found them. If they were open, please leave them open. If they are closed, please shut them behind you.
- Boarders may drive back to the boarder area and park only after 4:30PM.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Dogs are welcome at the equestrian center as long as they are well behaved and under control. Dogs must be on leash while on ranch grounds. Dogs are allowed on trails but must be under control at all times. Any dog harassing cattle, horses, hikers or bikers will be expelled. Please pick up after your pet.
- Arena usage: There will be at least one section of the arena open for boarders’ use the majority of the season.
- Water: Your horse’s water will never be empty, but if you are leaving the next day, we will not top it off the day before.
- Billing: Boarding will be charged at the beginning of your stay at the equestrian center. After unloading your horse, proceed to the front office to complete paperwork and pay for your stay. If you are a long-term boarder we will place your credit card on file which will be charged on the 1st of each month. If there are any changes with your stay we will adjust as needed. Please make your payments at the office during regular office hours; 8:30AM-4:30PM.
Horseback Riding with Your Own Horse at Tahoe Donner
Equestrians who wish to bring their own horses and ride the Tahoe Donner trail system, and are not boarding at the equestrian center, must call in advance at (530) 587-9471. There is a trail fee of $15 per horse payable in the main office. Riders may pull back into the equestrian center, follow the signs for public riders and unload their horses. Trailer parking is located at the south end of Alder Creek Adventure Center or you can park on the street.