When you become certified as a lifeguard and work at Tahoe Donner this summer, your course fee will be reimbursed after 30 days on the job. Email email@example.com for more info!
Students 15 and older learn how to provide safety and protection to aquatic patrons and how to respond to water-related emergencies. Participants will receive the American Red Cross Lifeguard certificate and a CPR/AED and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer certification.
DATES + TIMES:
May 24-26 | 3:30-7:30PM
June 3-4 | 9AM-4PM
LIFEGUARD REVIEW COURSE
These courses are intended for those who have successfully completed the Red Cross Lifeguard course within the last two years. Includes CPR/AED and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer certification.
DAY + TIME:
June 10 | 9AM-4PM
To register for the Lifeguard Certification or Recertification course or ask questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PREREQUISITES FOR LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION COURSE
- Complete a 300-yard swim using front crawl or breaststroke
- Complete a 2-minute tread using legs only
- Ability to retrieve a 10-pound dive weight from 7-foot deep water
- Surface and swim 20 yards with the 10-pound weight
- Exit the pool without using a ladder within 100 seconds