Ski and Snowboard School
Tahoe Donner: The Best Place to Begin
Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort is the best place in the Tahoe region for family fun and learning. Our affordable lessons are designed for all levels. We’re not only known for our learn-to-ski programs, but we’re also one of the only resorts in the area teaching kids as young as 3 years old. Adults can hone their skills with a private lesson with one of our pros. Whatever your level, Tahoe Donner is the best place to begin!
Reservations and Cancellations
Lessons will likely sell out. Reservations are recommended weeks in advance for peak dates and at least 72 hours in advance for other dates.
Please visit our cancellation policy.
Tahoe Donner requires all students under age 13 to wear an approved ski helmet when taking a lesson. We also recommend helmets for all our patrons. Helmets are available for daily rental and purchase.
Required Items for Lessons:
- Eyewear (goggles or sunglasses with lenses appropriate for light conditions)
- Waterproof clothing
- Purchase a ski or snowboard package (includes lift ticket, lesson and rental equipment) if not included in your lesson package. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Allow a least one hour before your lesson to be fitted with your rental equipment on most days. Arrive up to two hours before your lesson on weekends and holiday peak dates (or at 8AM for a 9AM lesson), so you can make your lesson on time.
- Meet 10 minutes before your lesson starts. Snowflakes (skiers ages 3-6) meet at the Snowflakes Meeting Area. All other lessons meet at the Learning Center.
- Be sure you are wearing appropriate clothing for skiing and riding. Key essentials are eyewear, gloves, jackets and snow pants. Kids taking lessons are required to have eyewear, gloves, waterproof pants and a helmet to participate. Please be sure to pack these items for your child; this will make their first experience great.
- Ask questions! Our staff is here to help and will do everything possible to make your day on the slopes a memorable one.