DAY TICKETS, LESSONS AND RENTALS MUST BE PRE-PURCHASED.
Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort specializes in teaching first-timers and novices and is committed to being the best place for family fun and learning in the Tahoe region.
Our ski school is excited to offer one- or three-hour private lessons this season with certified and professional instructors, allowing us to provide a safe and positive learning experience tailored to your family.
2020/21 Private Lessons – Downhill
|1 Hour Ski or Snowboard Lesson||$159||$179||$144|
|3 Hour Ski or Snowboard Lesson||$369||$419||$332|
* 2020/21 Peak Dates: Dec. 19-Jan. 2, Jan. 16-18, Feb. 13-20.
** Member ID card required at check-in.
A parent/guardian with a lift ticket and ski/snowboard equipment must accompany children ages 6 and under during their private lesson.
1 Hour Ski or Snowboard Lesson may have up to two students who are learning the same discipline.
3 Hour Ski or Snowboard Lesson may have up to four students who are learning the same discipline.
Lessons with multiple students will be taught at the pace of the lowest ability level.
Private Lesson Pre-Purchase
Lessons will sell out, so we recommend pre-purchase online or over the phone. Members must create a member account to purchase items from the online store. Contact Member Services at (530) 587-9400 ext. 0 if you need any help setting up your member account.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Due to limited capacity this season, there are no returns or refunds on tickets, rentals or lessons, and products cannot be transferred to another date. Please confirm your date(s) prior to completing your purchase. Tahoe Donner cannot guarantee weather conditions, driving and road conditions or operating lifts.
Tahoe Donner requires all students under age 13 to wear an approved ski helmet when taking a lesson. We also recommend helmets for all our patrons. We have helmets available for daily rental and for purchase.
Required Items for Lessons
- All lesson participants must wear a face mask which covers their nose and mouth.
- All students under age 13 must wear a helmet, eyewear (goggles or sunglasses with lenses appropriate for light conditions), waterproof clothing and waterproof gloves.
Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort specializes in teaching first-timers and novices. Consider these tips to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
- When purchasing a ski or snowboard lesson, reserve your lift ticket and rental equipment online. Reservations are required in advance.
- Allow at least one hour before your lesson to be fitted with your rental equipment on most days. Arrive up to two hours before your lesson on weekends and holiday peak dates (or at 8AM for a 9AM lesson), so you can make your lesson on time.
- Meet at the Learning Center 10 minutes before your lesson starts.
- Ask questions! Our staff is here to help and will do everything possible to make your day on the slopes a memorable one.