There are many ways of enjoying your time at Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing and snowboarding. Common sense and personal awareness can help reduce risk of injury. Know your ability level and stay within it.
Your Responsibility Code:
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
- People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them.
- Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.
- Look uphill and avoid others before starting downhill or entering a trail.
- You must prevent runaway equipment.
- Read and obey all signs, warnings, and hazard markings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- You must know how and be able to load, ride and unload lifts safely. If you need assistance, ask the lift attendant.
- Do not use lifts or terrain when impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- If you are involved in a collision or incident, share your contact information with each other and a ski area employee.
Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely. It is your responsibility to be safe and conscious and to know the code. Share the code with others on the slopes.