COVID-19 Safety at Tahoe DonnerAlder Creek Adventure Center, Alder Creek Cafe, Aquatics, Association News, Member News, The Lodge Restaurant & Pub, Trout Creek Recreation Center
As many of you have already heard, the State of California issued a new Public Health Order concerning the easing of reduced indoor capacities, safety precautions and other COVID-19-related guidelines going into effect today, June 15. We are excited to be expanding services and capacities and making it easier for our members to enjoy Tahoe Donner. Under this new order, the following changes have been made to Tahoe Donner amenity operations:
- Reservations: Effective tomorrow, Wednesday, June 16, an access reservation to private amenities is no longer required except for:
- Tennis Center: daily reservations made by calling (530) 587-9474, ext. 2
- Recreation Pool: daily reservations made online; no reservation required daily from 5-7PM
- Northwoods Pool: daily reservations made online once open for the season on June 19
- Trout Creek Recreation Center: The Rec Center will return to offering much of their similar services, including hot tubs. See what is currently offered here.
- Masks: If you have been vaccinated, masks are not required to be worn. If you have not been vaccinated, masks are required indoors (per the updated California Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings). Staff will not be validating vaccinations.
- One paid Daily Access Fee: Paying one Daily Access Fee now allows members and guests to visit multiple amenities per day. If you have accessed an amenity paying the Daily Access Fee, be sure to receive a wristband for the day in order to access another amenity without having to pay another fee. At amenities where reservations are required (see above), a wristband does not grant access without a reservation – it simply waives the fee if space is available.
- Exceptions: Day camp operations must continue to follow California Guidance for Childcare Programs, and any shuttle service offered by Tahoe Donner will require a mask per the new guidelines.
Why are reservations required at the Trout Creek Rec Pool and Northwoods Pool?
Due to recent Town of Truckee adjustments limiting street parking near the marina, we are anticipating many more members will be excited to use the pools this summer and a reservation system is being utilized to help manage capacities and ensure a good member experience. The reservation system is not in place for COVID-19 mitigations. Based on feedback from the membership last summer, reservation times will be modified slightly, and the limit on the number of spaces available to reserve will be much higher as well. Additionally, from 5-7PM daily the Trout Creek Rec Pool will be first-come, first-served.
RESTAURANT SERVICES + STAFFING NEEDS
The association is excited to offer the membership and guests more fun and family dining options this summer. COVID-19 capacity restrictions for dining are no longer in place. However, as we celebrate this significant milestone for many amenities, we ask for your understanding while other services are slower to ramp up and get to full offerings – particularly restaurants. Current restaurant offerings include:
- The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
- The Lodge is open but will not be available for dinner service June 15, 16, 22 or 23; service will return to seven days per week on June 24.
- The Pavilion (back patio behind The Lodge) will offer expanded hours from 11AM-5PM during the temporary scheduled closures of The Lodge. An expanded lunch menu will be available starting June 19.
- Don’t miss the new and expanded summer dinner menu starting June 19!
- Alder Creek Cafe is open with an expanded menu starting June 21 and more grill options.
- Beach Club Marina is open, and we look forward to expanding an outdoor bar in the coming weeks. The summer menu will be available starting June 21.
- Tee Nine Grill is open and offers an enhanced outdoor dining space and scenic views of the golf course with a great menu and outdoor bar.
- Marco Polo Grill opens June 17 with full menu options including alcoholic beverages at the pool.
- Pizza on the Hill’s much-anticipated reopening is delayed until additional cooks can be hired.
As you know, we are in the midst of summer hiring. To learn more about available jobs, click here.
Explore the following pages to learn more about COVID-19 policies and procedures: