Trout Creek Recreation Center Renovation Project UpdatesBlog Featured, Capital Projects, Member News, Trout Creek Recreation Center
June 20, 2019
TROUT CREEK REMODEL – PHASE TWO CONSTRUCTION
As we enter Phase 2 (July 2019 – January 2020) of Trout Creek Recreation Center’s renovation, we continue to work hard to minimize the impact on our users. Transition to Phase 2 is scheduled to take place on June 28 and equipment relocation stages are broken up into two sub-phases – 2a and 2b. Fitness classes will only be affected in the last half of sub-phase 2b. Here is what to expect in the coming months.
PHASE 2a: July – mid-October 2019
- Fitness Classes: Unaffected
- Weight + Cardio Rooms: All the equipment from the existing weight and cardio rooms will be distributed to multipurpose rooms B and C (see map below) in a heated/ventilated tent that has been erected on the basketball court.
- Heated (when needed) and well-ventilated
- 3,200 square feet
- Powered by generator for lighting and minor equipment needs
- Includes asphalt walkway
PHASE 2b: October – January 2020
From mid-October through January, fitness class impact will include a reduction in class frequency and variety. In order to best accommodate our members, some classes will be relocated to either Alder Creek Adventure Center or Northwoods Clubhouse:
- Alder Creek Adventure Center: The club room is spacious and attractive and suitable for displaced classes. There is also a shower on premises for attendee use. Once snow starts falling, the room will no longer be available for fitness classes as the Cross Country Ski Center operations begin.
- Northwoods Clubhouse: The Meadow Room has been used successfully as a fitness room in the past. Classes will be scheduled around functions and events. Pizza on the Hill has also been used as a morning fitness location and will be considered if needed.
WEIGHT + CARDIO ROOMS
Once storm season begins, the tent will no longer be a feasible option for weight and cardio. In order to continue to address the fitness needs of our members, strength and cardio equipment will be redistributed to the existing classroom A, and the two multipurpose rooms B and C. There will be 1,900 square feet of space available by utilizing these three rooms.
- Cardio: While there will be the same variety of cardio equipment available, we may not be able to offer the same quantity.
- Strength: While the more generalized and versatile equipment will be available, the most highly specialized machines and equipment may not.
We appreciate your continued patience as we complete the much-needed Trout Creek Recreation Center’s renovation.
Construction began on January 7, 2019 on the two-phased renovation of the Trout Creek Recreation Center. A member-led General Plan Committee (GPC) taskforce has worked since 2016 gathering member feedback and diligently planning to meet the needs of the community. Please check back here for project updates and thank you for your patience during this temporary construction inconvenience.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS
- Growth and alleviate overcrowding
- Safety, comfort and member experience
- Increase usable space
HOW WILL CONSTRUCTION IMPACT MY WORKOUT
- PHASE 1 – Pool Side: There will only be minor workout impacts, including temporary entrance at the west side of building.
- PHASE 2 – Gym Side: Equipment and classes will be relocated to meet the fitness needs of as many members as possible.
KIDS CLUB TEMPORARY CLOSURE
Despite exhausted attempts and discussions, we regretfully are unable to locate a safe location for Kids Club during the construction process. Kids Club closed on January 5 and will reopen again once construction is completed in early 2020.
Q: Will my pre-purchased Kids Club punch card be refunded?
A: Yes, all remaining time on punch cards can be refunded at the front desk.
Q: When will Kids Club be offered again?
A: Yes, we will reopen Kids Club upon the completion of the project in early 2020.
Q: Are there alternatives to Kids Club offered?
A: Yes. We will provide list of local child care providers and be collecting and distributing contact information of any parents who may be interested in participating in a cooperative for watching each other’s children. For more information on these childcare alternatives, please email email@example.com.
HOW LONG WILL CONSTRUCTION LAST
In an attempt to complete this project as quickly as possible, construction crews will be working seven days per week from 7AM-7PM.
- PHASE 1 – Pool Side: Starts Jan. 2019 and lasts approximately six months.
- PHASE 2 – Gym Side: Starts mid-2019 and lasts approximately eight months.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THIS PROJECT
- $2.4 million estimated cost, which includes all hard and soft costs associated with this capital improvement.
- This is an active construction zone and a hard hat is require to enter. Please stay out.
- There will be some construction parking required. Please do not park in reserved construction sites during the project.
SEE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROJECT HERE.