Euer Valley Restoration
WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- Euer Valley Restoration Project includes the improvement and restoration of Coyote Crossing with a new bridge installed across the creek and a boardwalk installed in the wetland area of the trail. Significant work will be done to restore the damaged wetland to its natural habitat.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- This project, while in the works for some time, has been put into motion through a partnership with the Truckee River Watershed Council.
- The restoration of the wetland area will return a sensitive zone back to its natural habitat. The deterioration from human use throughout the years and cattle grazing from previous property owners also damaged the area.
- The creek will return to its natural state with an elevated trail, allowing water to flow like it used to.
- For members, this project will allow users to utilize the Euer Valley Trail all year; usually, the springtime renders this section of the trail too wet to use.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- The trail will be closed to users during the construction phase of this project.
WHAT IS THE STATUS?
- The design phase is complete, and the Truckee River Watershed Council has put this project out to bid. Construction is planned for 2023 and is anticipated to take one construction season to complete.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST?
- We will have an updated total project cost once the contract is awarded.
- The partnership match from the Truckee River Watershed Council is currently $589,835.80. Additional grant funding of $460,000 has been secured from the Sierra Nevada Conservancy. The Truckee River Watershed Council is actively looking for additional grant opportunities for more construction funding.
- Tahoe Donner funded $176,500 from Replacement Reserve Funds for soft costs, including wetland delineation and other studies in 2021 and has additional Replacement Reserve Fund commitments of $355,721 for construction costs in 2023.
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?
- Jan. 27, 2023 board meeting presentation
- June 24, 2022 board meeting presentation
- August 27, 2021 board meeting presentation
- April 23, 2021 staff report
- August 2020 TD News story – page 14
- October 23 board meeting presentation
PLEASE NOTE: The Euer Valley Restoration project is in development by Tahoe Donner Association. The information provided is preliminary and subject to change. Drawings and renderings herein are for conveying Tahoe Donner Association’s vision of future projects. No warranties, expressed or implied, are made.