Coyote Crossing Repair + Improvement
WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- The Coyote Crossing Repair + Improvement Project includes the improvement and restoration of Coyote Crossing with a new bridge installed across the creek and a boardwalk installed in the wetland area of the trail. Significant work will be done to restore the damaged wetland to its natural habitat.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- This project, while in the works for some time, has been put into motion through a partnership with the Truckee River Watershed Council.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- The restoration of wetland area will return a sensitive zone back to its natural habitat. The deterioration from human use throughout the years and cattle grazing from previous property owners also damaged the area.
- The creek will return to its natural state with an elevated trail, allowing water to flow like it used to.
- For members, this project will allow users to utilize the Euer Valley Trail all year; usually, the springtime renders this section of the trail too wet to use.
- The trail will be closed to users during the construction phase of this project.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
- This project is currently in a 60% design phase. Construction will begin in 2022 for one season and should be completed by fall 2022.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST?
- The total cost is anticipated to be $1.5 million, though the overall scope may slightly exceed this.
- Staff are actively looking for future grant opportunities for more construction funding with the Truckee River Watershed Council.
- The partnership match from the Truckee River Watershed Council is $589,835.80. This award was contingent on the grant receipt From the United States Environmental Protection Agency in August 2020.
- Tahoe Donner has funding match commitments of $150,000 of Replacement Reserve Funds for soft costs, including wetland delineation and other studies in 2020 and additional Replacement Reserve Fund construction costs of $400,000 for 2022 as well as $25,000 covering Tahoe Donner staffing over the 2-year project period.
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?