With a variety of year-round and seasonal operations, Tahoe Donner is a great place to work and play. Many of our positions offer perks promoting health, recreation and a fun work environment with competitive pay ranges.
Click on Job Title for full Job Description
- Field Supervisor - Full-time Year Round – responsible for the proper operation and completion of on-site jobs as assigned by the Maintenance Manager. The Field Job Supervisor organizes and leads assigned personnel to complete on-site jobs and inspects all jobs to ensure quality control.
Click on Job Title for full Job Description
Food & Beverage – Downhill Ski Area
- Kitchen Supervisor - responsible for the production and presentation of all food served at the downhill ski area cafeteria and assists the Winter Food & Beverage manager with staff relations.
- Line Cook - prepares a variety of food items and is also responsible for the cleanliness of the Food and Beverage area.
- Cashier – assists customers with purchase of food and beverage items at the ski area using a cash register and credit card machine.
- Supervisor - responsible for leading and supervising the safe operation of the tubing and sledding area as well as the supervision of Snowplay Attendant employees, and any related operation. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Excellent customer service skills and experience with kids are highly desirable.
- Attendants - responsible for monitoring and maintaining a safe snowplay area. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Excellent customer service skills and experience with kids are highly desirable.
The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
- Line Cook – experience preferred, pay rate depends on knowledge/experience, must be available to work weekends & holidays.
- Pantry Cook - experience preferred, pay rate depends on knowledge/experience, must be available to work weekends & holidays.
Downhill Ski Area (Winter Seasonal – Dec. 1, 2014- April 12, 2015)
- Lift Operators
- Parking Attendants
- Mountain Operations Supervisor
- Custodian (full time and part time)
- Groomers (must have heavy equipment experience)
- Seasonal Lift and Vehicle Mechanic
- Ski Patrol (EMT or OEC required)
- Ski Mechanic
- Rental Fitters
- Boot Fitters
- Rental Cashiers
- Ticket Sellers
- Ski School Supervisor
- Ski School Instructors (Non-certification, PSIA Level 1,2,3)
- Snowboard Instructors (Non-certification, AASI Level 1,2,3)
- Snowflakes Helpers
- Bus Drivers (CDL w/Passenger endorsement)
Cross Country Ski Area
- Cross Country Ski Patrol - Full time – mid January – late March 2015
To assist with the overall safety and operation of the ski area, and to provide first aid treatment and emergency transportation to injured skiers. Cross Country Skiing skills preferred. Class C Driver License plus current CPR Certificate and EMT or OEC qualification required.
- Cross Country Groomer I – December 2014 through April 2015 – Full Time
Operating grooming machinery to create the best snow surface possible for cross country skiing. Requires flexibility to work at different times of the day and or night depending on weather. Experience operating snow cats or heavy equipment required. Cross Country skiing / trail preparation / knowledge of Tahoe Donner’s Trail System preferred.
- Cook I or II - January – March 2015. Part-time (2-3 days a week). To assist with the production of healthy homemade soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps etc and baking of cookies and muffins etc. Ability to work weekends & holidays preferred. Cooking & baking skills/experience required.
- Cookhouse Host – Weekends & holidays (10am-3:30pm) mid Dec 2014 – March 2015. Serving hot drinks and snacks and providing information to guests at Cookhouse in Euer Valley (transportation provided via snowmobile). Great customer service and food safety skills required.
- Custodian – December 2014 through March 2015 – Part-time (18-30 hours per week) – After hours cleaning and tidying of the facility (between 5pm and 8am). Position may require snow removal from walkways, and other areas as necessary. Job share ok. Janitorial experience required.
- Cross Country Ski Instructors – December 2014 through March 2015 – teach children and adults of all levels. Experience and PSIA certification preferred, but enthusiasm for teaching xc skiing is just as important. Training provided.
• Weekend and holiday Cross Country Ski Instructors to teach all levels
• After School / weekend / holiday – children’s Cross Country Ski Instructors
- Forestry Worker I - Operate, or assist with operating, wood chipper, chain saw and other related equipment and tools as directed.
Cut trees and brush in TDA common areas. Cut wood into firewood. Either pile or chip brush and slash.
Burn piles in either spring or fall.
Assist with stocking and filling orders at the Association wood yard.
Chip and remove slash from roadside under chipping program.
Build and maintain TDA trail system.
- Forestry Worker II – Above duties plus:
Utilizing equipment or climbing experience.
Possession of a Class B drivers license.
Tanker and air break options preferred, but not required with Class B license.
Ability to operate equipment. Equipment includes bob cat, dump truck, water truck, backhoe, front-end loader, tracked chipper and/or dozer.
Proficient with tree climbing and use of associated equipment
- Maintenance Worker - minimum requirement apprentice level with 3 years’ experience in maintenance related activities including facility maintenance and/or vehicle maintenance. This position is both maintenance and event/activities setup and tear down with weekends and nights part of regular schedule. Class B or Class A license with experience driving desirable.
- Maintenance Worker 1 – Part-time seasonal – Hand snow removal
- Maintenance Worker 2 – Part-time seasonal – Loader Operators
Pizza on the Hill
- Dishwasher/Prep Cook – washes dishes, pots and pans and assists in the preparation, service and restocking of all foods served.
- Servers – part-time – must be at least 18 years old.
Trout Creek Recreation Center
- Recreation Center Host - must be available evenings (1:45PM-10:15PM) & weekends/holidays.
Employees enjoy access to the Trout Creek Recreation Center, a world-class fitness facility, plus generous food and clothing discounts.
How to Apply
An application is required to be considered for a position. Resumes and/or cover letters can be attached to the application.
We highly recommend that you complete our online application. The online application is the fastest way to apply and has the option of attaching a document such as a resume or cover letter. To ensure your application is successful, make sure that you have a strong and secure internet connection, complete all (*) fields, and do not use Google Chrome.
Tahoe Donner Association
Attn. Human Resources
11509 Northwoods Blvd.
Truckee, CA 96161
Once your completed application is received you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
HR Office Information
Our office is located on the second floor of the Northwoods Clubhouse, at 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee, CA 96161.
Office hours are Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturdays 9am-4pm, subject to change at any time.
Tahoe Donner is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer, and an “at-will” employer.