With a variety of year-round and seasonal operations, Tahoe Donner is a great place to work and play. Many of our positions offer perks promoting health, recreation and a fun work environment with competitive pay ranges.
(None at this time)
Click on Job Title for Job Description
- Leaders – responsible for leading, supervising the campers, and overseeing the day-to-day operation of the assigned day camp.
- Counselors – responsible for assisting in the daily planned activities, supervision of campers, and assisting in leading daily activities with day camp students.
- Aquatics Coordinator - responsible for overseeing the recreation swimming pools of the Association, serves as the primary supervisor for the Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor staff and is responsible for the health and safety, training, motivation, and coordination of the aquatics staff. The Aquatics Coordinator will organize and contribute to instructing all levels of Red Cross swim lessons, including registration, correspondence, and instructor training. This position has supervisory responsibility for 20-30 Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors, including Lead Lifeguards and/or Lead Water Safety Instructors. Required qualifications: Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer, Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification First Aid Certification, and Water Safety Instructor certifications. Lifeguard Instructor and/or WSI Instructor Trainer certification is not required but desirable.
- Water Safety Instructor – responsible for organizing and instructing all levels of American Red Cross format swim lessons.
- Office Associate I – (Seasonal) – responsible for performing basic clerical work, preparing analytical reports, providing excellent customer service to customers, business partners and employees, understanding and effectively disseminating Tahoe Donner’s policies, procedures, and regulations to owners and guests, collecting fees, deposits, and cash sales, classifying, issuing, updating, and revoking employee, property owner and guest passes in accordance with approved policy, answering Association’s main telephone lines, and providing information and/ or directing callers to appropriate department.
- Laborer – Part-time – responsible for upkeep of the equestrian center including cleaning stalls, paddocks, and corrals. In addition, the Laborer feeds, waters and grooms the horses and performs minor maintenance work as needed.
- Leader/Host - responsible for opening and closing facilities, greeting and checking passes, providing information on programs and special events, operating computerized point of sale system and credit card machine, monitoring and cleaning facilities, providing excellent quality of customer service to customers and employees, setting up and breaking down all programs and special events, preparing rosters, directing and/or leading the activities of each program, organizing and implementing program elements, overseeing participants’ participation and safety, performing related work as required, and is reliable at being on their own to run programs. CPR & AED certifications required.
Pizza on the Hill
- Floor Shift Supervisor – responsible for supervising service of food & beverage in the bar, dining room and other designated areas, focusing primarily on lunch and dinner service as well as all factors pertaining to the front of the house staff.
- Cook I – prepares a variety of food items and is responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen area.
- Waitstaff/Server – serves drinks and food to patrons in dining establishment.
The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
- Busser/Waitstaff Assistant – clears and resets tables at the restaurant in an efficient manner and assist wait staff with serving. Other duties such as making salads and desserts may be assigned.
- Server/Waitstaff - day and night shifts available – experience required – serves drinks and food to patrons in dining establishment.
- Cook I, II or III – summer 2015 – prepares a variety of food items and is also responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen area. Experience is required.
Summer Food & Beverage
- Beverage Cart/Snack Bar Attendant – must be at least 21 years old – serves food and drinks to patrons on the golf course.
- Outside Services – keeps an adequate supply of well-maintained golf carts in the designated staging area. Responsible for front line communication with our approaching guests, including directions, play options, as well as, initial welcoming of our guests at the podium location.
- Driving Range Attendant - maintains the driving range in clean and working order. May be asked to invoke conflict resolution tactics with guests on the spot of interaction.
- Starter – controls the effective play at the starting tees, greets all players as they approach and appear at their start, engages in conversation explaining pace of play, cart rules, as well as other info including, yardage markers, pin positions, food and beverage locations and specifics.
- Marshal – effectively monitors and controls the pace of play at the golf course. As an ambassador of the facility, the Marshal will interact frequently with guests, assisting and protecting the overall experience of the guest at Tahoe Donner.
Employees receive free access to the Trout Creek Recreation Center, a world-class fitness facility, plus food & beverage/retail discounts and more!
How to Apply
An application is required to be considered for a position. Resumes and/or cover letters can be attached to the application.
We highly recommend that you complete our online application. The online application is the fastest way to apply and has the option of attaching a document such as a resume or cover letter. To ensure your application is successful, make sure that you have a strong and secure internet connection, complete all (*) fields, and do not use Google Chrome.
Tahoe Donner Association
Attn. Human Resources
11509 Northwoods Blvd.
Truckee, CA 96161
Once your completed application is received you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
HR Office Information
Our office is located on the second floor of the Northwoods Clubhouse, at 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee, CA 96161.
Office hours are Monday – Saturday 9:15am to 5pm, Closed Sundays (subject to change at any time).
Tahoe Donner is an equal opportunity employer, a drug-free workplace, and an “at-will” employer.