With a variety of year-round and seasonal operations, Tahoe Donner is a great place to work and play. Many of our positions offer perks promoting health, recreation and a fun work environment with competitive pay ranges.
Click on Job Title for full Job Description
Click on Job Title for full Job Description
Downhill Ski Area (Winter Seasonal – Dec. 1, 2014- April 12, 2015)
- Lift Operators
- Parking Attendants
- Mountain Operations Supervisor
- Custodian (full time and part time)
- Groomers (must have heavy equipment experience)
- Seasonal Lift and Vehicle Mechanic
- Ski Patrol (EMT or OEC required)
- Bus Drivers (CDL w/Passenger endorsement)
- Ski Mechanic
- Rental Fitters
- Boot Fitters
- Rental Cashiers
- Ticket Sellers
- Food and Beverage Cashiers
- Kitchen Supervisor
- Line Cooks
- Ski School Supervisor
- Ski School Instructors (Non-certification, PSIA Level 1,2,3)
- Snowboard Instructors (Non-certification, AASI Level 1,2,3)
- Snowflakes Helpers
- Ski Patrol Director – for the current winter season. EMT or OEC required. Also requires CPR and First Aid certifications. Need AA degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school and two years related experience and/or training as a ski patroller; or equivalent combination of education and experience. This is a full-time, seasonal position.
Cross Country Ski Area
- Custodian – December 2014 through March 2015 – Part-time (18-30 hours per week) – After hours cleaning and tidying of the facility (between 5pm and 8am). Position may require snow removal from walkways, and other areas as necessary. Job share ok. Janitorial experience required.
- Cross Country Ski Instructors – December 2014 through March 2015 – teach children and adults of all levels. Experience and PSIA certification preferred, but enthusiasm for teaching xc skiing is just as important. Training provided.
• Weekend and holiday Cross Country Ski Instructors to teach all levels
• After School / weekend / holiday – children’s Cross Country Ski Instructors
- Forestry Worker I: Operate, or assist with operating, wood chipper, chain saw and other related equipment and tools as directed.
Cut trees and brush in TDA common areas. Cut wood into firewood. Either pile or chip brush and slash.
Burn piles in either spring or fall.
Assist with stocking and filling orders at the Association wood yard.
Chip and remove slash from roadside under chipping program.
Build and maintain TDA trail system.
- Forestry Worker II – Above duties plus:
Utilizing equipment or climbing experience.
Possession of a Class B drivers license.
Tanker and air break options preferred, but not required with Class B license.
Ability to operate equipment. Equipment includes bob cat, dump truck, water truck, backhoe, front-end loader, tracked chipper and/or dozer.
Proficient with tree climbing and use of associated equipment
- Maintenance Worker - apprentice level a minimum requirement with 3 years’ experience in maintenance related activities including facility maintenance and/or vehicle maintenance. This position is both maintenance and event/activities setup and tear down with weekends and nights part of regular schedule. Class B or Class A license desirable with experience driving.
- Special Events Staff - (part-time) assist in the preparation and implementation of special events and recreational program activities.
Pizza on the Hill
- Dishwasher/Prep Cook – washes dishes, pots and pans and assists in the preparation, service and restocking of all foods served.
- Servers – part-time – must be at least 18 years old.
Summer Food & Beverage
- Golf Snack Bar/Beverage Cart - Must be at least 21 years old
- Servers – Must be at least 18 years old
- Bussers – Must be at least 16 years old
Trout Creek Recreation Center
- Recreation Center Host - must be available evenings (1:45PM-10:15PM) & weekends/holidays.
- Custodian - Part-Time – Saturday/Sunday 9:30PM-6AM. Janitorial experience required.
Marina: May 23, 2014 – October 5, 2014
- Beach Attendant I – responsible for performing general duties at the Tahoe Donner Marina, including keeping the beach clean and free of hazards, checking passes, and attending the snack bar. Other duties may be assigned. Full-time and part-time positions available. Flexible Hours. Must be available to work the week of 4th of July.
Employees enjoy access to the Trout Creek Recreation Center, a world-class fitness facility, plus generous food and clothing discounts.
How to Apply
An application is required to be considered for a position. Resumes and/or cover letters can be attached to the application.
We highly recommend that you complete our online application. The online application is the fastest way to apply and has the option of attaching a document such as a resume or cover letter. To ensure your application is successful, make sure that you have a strong and secure internet connection, complete all (*) fields, and do not use Google Chrome.
Tahoe Donner Association
Attn. Human Resources
11509 Northwoods Blvd.
Truckee, CA 96161
Once your completed application is received you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
HR Office Information
Our office is located on the second floor of the Northwoods Clubhouse, at 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee, CA 96161.
Office hours are Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturdays 9am-4pm, subject to change at any time.
Tahoe Donner is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer, and an “at-will” employer.