With a variety of year-round and seasonal operations, Tahoe Donner is a great place to work and play. Many of our positions offer perks promoting health, recreation and a fun work environment with competitive pay ranges.
Click on Job Title for full Job Description
Architectural Standards Office
- Compliance Inspector – looking for a detail oriented, proactive, and customer focused individual. Under the direction of the Architectural Standards Manager, the Compliance Inspector educates members, guests, and their hired professionals to ensure compliance with the Association’s Bylaws, C & R’s, and Covenants Committee Rules and Regulations; acts as the staff liaison and primary staff support to the Covenants Committee; prepares, organizes, and maintains inspection records for compliance and the Homeowner Inspection Program; monitors follow-up actions in cases where deferred maintenance or violations were found.Must have the ability to work outdoors, pay attention to detail, and be solution oriented. Applicant must have related experience and/or training in construction industry and code enforcement, and an excellent driving record.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Medical, dental, vision and 401k offered after introductory period. Employees of Tahoe Donner Association enjoy access to a world-class fitness facility, Downhill and Cross Country ski areas, and generous food and retail discounts.
- Loss Prevention Associate – looking for a detail oriented, safety and security minded, customer focused individual. Must have the ability to work alone and have excellent judgment and proven decision making skills. Applicant must have prior loss prevention, risk management, enforcement or private security experience and an excellent driving record. This position will work a 4-10 schedule Fridays through Mondays, 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.; and all holidays that fall during scheduled work days. This is a full-time year-round position with excellent benefits and competitive salary.
Click on Job Title for full Job Description
- Accounting Clerk - Cash Office – responsible for the Association’s internal currency safe handling and other general accounting functions associated with daily cash receipts. Knowledge of currency handling procedures, organization and efficiency is preferred. Must have ability to understand general banking procedures and demonstrate good mathematical skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Supervisor - responsible for leading and supervising the safe operation of the tubing and sledding area as well as the supervision of Snowplay Attendant employees, and any related operation. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Excellent customer service skills and experience with kids are highly desirable.
- Attendants - responsible for monitoring and maintaining a safe snowplay area. Must be available to work weekends and holidays. Excellent customer service skills and experience with kids are highly desirable.
The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
- Line Cook – experience preferred, pay rate depends on knowledge/experience, must be available to work weekends & holidays.
- Pantry Cook - experience preferred, pay rate depends on knowledge/experience, must be available to work weekends & holidays.
Downhill Ski Area (Winter Seasonal – Dec. 1, 2014- April 12, 2015)
- Lift Operators
- Parking Attendants
- Mountain Operations Supervisor
- Custodian I or II (full time and part time)
- Groomers (must have heavy equipment experience)
- Seasonal Lift and Vehicle Mechanic
- Ski Patrol (EMT or OEC required)
- Ski Mechanic
- Rental Fitters
- Boot Fitters
- Rental Cashiers
- Ticket Sellers
- Lead Ticket Seller
- Ski School Supervisor
- Ski School Instructors (Non-certification, PSIA Level 1,2,3)
- Snowboard Instructors (Non-certification, AASI Level 1,2,3)
- Snowflakes Helpers
- Bus Drivers (CDL w/Passenger endorsement)
Cross Country Ski Area
- Cross Country Ski Patrol - Part-time position from December 2014 through late March 2015 & Full-time position from mid January – late March 2015
To assist with the overall safety and operation of the ski area, and to provide first aid treatment and emergency transportation to injured skiers. Cross Country Skiing skills preferred. Class C Driver License plus current CPR Certificate and EMT or OEC or wilderness 1st responder qualification required.
- Cross Country Groomer I or Groomer II - December 2014 through April 2015 – Full Time or part-time available. Operating grooming machinery to create the best snow surface possible for cross country skiing. Requires flexibility to work at different times of the day and or night depending on weather. Experience operating snow cats or heavy equipment required. Cross Country skiing / trail preparation / knowledge of Tahoe Donner’s Trail System preferred.
- Cook I or II - January – March 2015. Part-time (2-3 days a week). To assist with the production of healthy homemade soups, salads, sandwiches, wraps etc and baking of cookies and muffins etc. Ability to work weekends & holidays preferred. Cooking & baking skills/experience required.
- Custodian – December 2014 through March 2015 – Part-time (18-30 hours per week) – After hours cleaning and tidying of the facility (between 5pm and 8am). Position may require snow removal from walkways, and other areas as necessary. Job share ok. Janitorial experience required.
- Cross Country Ski Instructors – December 2014 through March 2015 – teach children and adults of all levels. Experience and PSIA certification preferred, but enthusiasm for teaching xc skiing is just as important. Training provided.
• Weekend and holiday Cross Country Ski Instructors to teach all levels
• After School / weekend / holiday – children’s Cross Country Ski Instructors
- Field Supervisor - Full-time Seasonal – responsible for the proper operation and completion of on-site jobs as assigned by the Maintenance Manager. The Field Job Supervisor organizes and leads assigned personnel to complete on-site jobs and inspects all jobs to ensure quality control.
- Maintenance Worker - minimum requirement apprentice level with 3 years’ experience in maintenance related activities including facility maintenance and/or vehicle maintenance. This position is both maintenance and event/activities setup and tear down with weekends and nights part of regular schedule. Class B or Class A license with experience driving desirable.
- Maintenance Worker 1 – Part-time seasonal – Hand snow removal
- Maintenance Worker 2 – Part-time seasonal – Loader Operators
Pizza on the Hill
- Dishwasher/Prep Cook – washes dishes, pots and pans and assists in the preparation, service and restocking of all foods served.
- Servers – part-time – must be at least 18 years old.
Trout Creek Recreation Center
- Custodian II – overnight shift – responsible for keeping assigned areas in clean, orderly and safe condition using custodial equipment and cleaning supplies.
Employees enjoy access to the Trout Creek Recreation Center, a world-class fitness facility, plus generous food and clothing discounts.
How to Apply
An application is required to be considered for a position. Resumes and/or cover letters can be attached to the application.
We highly recommend that you complete our online application. The online application is the fastest way to apply and has the option of attaching a document such as a resume or cover letter. To ensure your application is successful, make sure that you have a strong and secure internet connection, complete all (*) fields, and do not use Google Chrome.
Tahoe Donner Association
Attn. Human Resources
11509 Northwoods Blvd.
Truckee, CA 96161
Once your completed application is received you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
HR Office Information
Our office is located on the second floor of the Northwoods Clubhouse, at 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee, CA 96161.
Office hours are Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm, Saturdays 9am-4pm, subject to change at any time.
Tahoe Donner is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer, and an “at-will” employer.