With a variety of year-round and seasonal operations, Tahoe Donner is a great place to work and play. Many of our positions offer perks promoting health, recreation and a fun work environment with competitive pay ranges.
Tahoe Donner was recently voted “Best Place to Work.”
Click on job title for job description
- Group Sales Representative – to sell Tahoe Donner products to appropriate groups and organizations. Requires experience with Microsoft computer programs and a history of sales success. A Bachelor degree and two years’ related sales experience and/or business training preferred.
- Executive Assistant – to perform a wide variety of secretarial, administrative and clerical duties for the General Manager and Board of Directors. This position requires at least 3 years of progressively responsible, full-time administrative experience in a corporate environment and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Working knowledge and experience with the California Davis-Stirling Act and homeowner association governance preferred.
- Payroll Technician – to process semi-monthly payroll, track hours, coordinate with payroll vendor, and perform other duties as assigned. Requires at least 1 year of payroll experience. Experience with Kronos/Paychex/MS Office software preferred.
- Trail Manager – to be responsible for day-to-day management of operations and maintenance for the summer trail system. This position requires 3 seasons managing multiple staff members, experience developing/submitting applications for agency approval, and 3 seasons constructing/maintaining trails. Essential duty: assisting cross country operations with outside services including ski patrolling, grooming and/or trail maintenance. Click here for recruitment notice.
Click on job title for job description
Trout Creek Recreation Center
- Custodian – to assist with keeping the facilities in clean, orderly and safe condition using custodial equipment and cleaning supplies. Shifts are 5 days per week, 4 hours per day from 9:30PM-1:30AM.
- Front Desk Host – to open and close the facility, greet and check passes of members and guests, provide information, etc.
- Snowplay Attendant – to assist guests at the Snowplay area (sledding/tubing) by selling tickets, enforcing safety rules, providing information to guests, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Snowplay Patroller – to be responsible for the overall safety of the snowplay area including aiding and assisting the snowplay guests and providing first aid and emergency transportation to injured patrons from the snowplay area, parking lot, or immediate vicinity to a safe location.
Cross Country Ski Area
- Cross Country Ski Patrol – mid-December through mid-April to oversee the overall safety of the ski area including assisting, providing first aid and emergency transportation, and minimizing hazards throughout the ski area operation. Requires a valid EMT, OEC certificate and CPR and a Class C Driver License with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by the Association insurance carrier. A pre-employment drug test is required for this position.
- Cross Country Ticket Sellers – part-time – needed from Thanksgiving through mid-April to assist guests with excellent customer service, information and assistance in purchasing tickets, rentals and other products offered at the Cross Country Center. Must be willing to work weekends & holidays.
- Cross Country Groomer Driver – needed from mid-December through mid-April to help prepare Tahoe Donner’s World class cross country ski trails. Full-time or part-time positions available. Ability to work nights and day shifts required. Applicants should Possess a valid Class C Driver License with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by the Association insurance carrier. A pre-employment drug test is required for this position.
- Cross Country Custodian – flexible, part-time, year-round – to clean our new Alder Creek Adventure Center facility. Duties include; emptying trash, cleaning floors and walls, windows, window coverings, furniture, food service areas, bathrooms etc. The Custodian also assists with snow removal on walkways, entryways and patio area. Evening and/or early morning shifts.
- Cross Country Parking Attendant – to assist with providing guests safe and efficient egress to and from designated parking areas and lots.
- Cross Country Snow Removal Operator – On-Call – to assist with keeping walkway areas clear of snow using snow blowers and/or shoveling.
- Cross Country Ski Instructors – needed from mid-December through March to teach children and adults of all levels. Experience and PSIA certification preferred, but enthusiasm for teaching XC skiing is just as important. Training provided. Background check required.
- Weekend and holiday Ski Instructors to teach all levels – December 2015 through March 2016
- After school children’s programs Ski Instructors – Tues, Wed, & Thurs 3:15PM-5:15PM January-February 2016
Alder Creek Café (Cross Country Ski Area)
- Cashier – responsible for providing excellent customer service to our guests as they enjoy food and beverages from our café. Must be at least 18 years old. This is a part-time, weekend and holiday only position.
- Cook – assisting the Kitchen Supervisor as we build on our reputation of healthy, homemade, wholesome food. At least 18 years old preferred. Full-time and part-time seasonal positions available, both winter and summer.
The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
- Dishwasher – washes dishes, pots and pans and assists in the preparation, service and restocking of all foods served. Full-time or part-time hours available, days or evenings.
- Cook – full-time hours available, experience required, must be available to work weekends & evenings.
Downhill Ski Area
- Junior Safety Patroller Trainee/Junior Safety Patroller
- Lift Operator
- Parking Attendant and Scanner
- Food & Beverage Cashier
- Ski Patrol
- Ski & Snowboard Instructor – Non-Certified
- Ski & Snowboard Instructor – Certified
- Ski & Snowboard School Supervisor
- Rental Fitter
- Boot Fitter
- Ticket Seller
- Ski Area Mechanic – Seasonal
- Bus Driver – Class B license with Passenger Endorsement
Employees receive free access to the gym, swimming pools, hot tubs, and sauna at Trout Creek Recreation Center, a world-class fitness facility, plus food & beverage/retail discounts and more!
How to Apply
An application is required to be considered for a position. Resumes and/or cover letters can be attached to the application. We highly recommend that you complete our online application. The online application is the fastest way to apply and has the option of attaching a document such as a resume or cover letter. To ensure your application is successful, make sure that you have a strong and secure internet connection, complete all (*) fields, and do not use Google Chrome. Another way to apply is to print and fill out an application (pdf). You can email it to HR or fax to 1 (866) 799-2960 or mail to: Tahoe Donner Association Attn. Human Resources 11509 Northwoods Blvd. Truckee, CA 96161 Once your completed application is received you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview.
HR Office Information
Our office is located on the second floor of the Northwoods Clubhouse, at 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee, CA 96161.
Office hours are Monday – Saturday 9:15am to 5pm, Closed Sundays (subject to change at any time).
Phone: 530-587-9415 Fax: 866-799-2960 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tahoe Donner is an equal opportunity employer, a drug-free workplace, and an “at-will” employer.