Tahoe Donner Beach Club Marina
Boat Launch Rules
We will resume trailered boat launching at the marina this summer. The information we gathered through the town hall meeting and survey process this past February was very valuable in helping us understand what is important to our membership. Over the past few months all the feedback was reviewed by staff and the board of directors resulting in board action at its meeting on Friday, April 22. The board approved procedures and protocols to begin with this season’s marina opening. Please review the boat ramp rules below and contact the Beach Club Marina staff at 530-587-9460 if you have any questions.
Members who wish to launch a trailered vessel at the Beach Club Marina are required to register the vessel with Tahoe Donner.
- Bring a copy of your vessel registration
- Bring proof of insurance for your vessel with Tahoe Donner named as additionally insured
- Be prepared to sign a release of liability waiver
Once your registration is complete, a sticker will be issued which you will present to the marina staff at time of launch. Marina staff will direct you on where to affix your sticker on your boat.
There are three ways to register your vessel:
You may download a copy of the agreement form or register online.
- At Member Services: You may register in person by bringing the above stated documents to Member Services in the Northwoods Clubhouse. Save time by downloading the form and filling it out in advance. You will receive a 2016 sticker to affix to your boat on the driver’s side.
- Online: If you register online, bring the above stated documents to Member Services in the Northwoods Clubhouse or to the Beach Club Marina boat ramp. Those who register online do not need to bring a signed copy of the agreement form, as your digital signature will be recorded. You will receive a 2016 sticker to affix to your boat on the driver’s side.
- At the Beach Club Marina: While you can register here, it is encouraged that you register at Member Services or online well in advance of your first boat outing to avoid confusion, congestion, and delay at the Beach Club. If you do decide to register at the Beach Club Marina, bring the above stated documents and the signed boat agreement form (download here). You will receive a 2016 sticker to affix to your boat on the driver’s side.
• The launch area will be staffed with personnel dedicated to direct traffic and monitor activity in the launch area. Please follow the directions of the ramp monitor at all times.
• Launching and loading your vessel requires two people. Solo launching/loading is not permitted. There must be two people: one to observe the ramp and launch zone for pedestrians and other hazards, and the other to manage the tow vehicle. Marina staff may not drive either the vessel or the tow vehicle, nor may they be the observation person.
• All members or guests on board are charged a daily access fee, even if they do not plan to use other Beach Club facilities.
Again, please feel free to contact the Beach Club manager, Ali Kovach, at 530-587-9460 with any questions concerning the changes to the launch policies.