Please purchase Trail Passes, Lessons and Rentals PRIOR TO ARRIVAL to ensure your ski or snowshoe adventure, and to save time on arrival. You are able to change your reservation up to 72hrs ahead if your plans change.
Tahoe Donner offers some of the best ski and snowshoe rental equipment available to help guarantee you fun on the snow.
Our basic ski equipment rental package gives you the choice of traditional classic (striding), or ski skating skis boots and poles.
Our snowshoe package includes snowshoes and adjustable poles. We recommend you bring your own snow boots for maximum comfort, or borrow a pair from us if you do not own your own.
Multi Day Rentals. If you reserve two or more days of skiing, you are welcome to take the skis home with you to save time each day, but please let the rental staff know your plans, and go to the ticket window to collect your day pass each day.
‘Demo’ Upgrade: We also offer an extensive lineup of high-performance ‘demo’ ski skating, classic ‘skin’ skis and boots for just $20 more. To reserve – Sign up for the basic package via shoptahoedonner.com, and let our staff know you are interested in upgrading to a “Demo Package” on arrival. We will be happy to help you decide what will be best for you. Recommended for strong intermediate or above skiers who wish to try a faster ski.
If you are looking for just skis, boots or poles, we offer ‘a la carte’ pricing. Please email us at email@example.com for information. Our boot binding system is Salomon/Atomic Prolink (also compatible with NNN system boots and bindings).
- HOURS OF OPERATION: The Rental Shop is open from 8:30AM-5PM daily (12PM-5PM on Dec. 25). Please plan your ski day to be back to the center, off the snow, with rental equipment returned before 4:45PM.
- TRAIL PASS REQUIRED: A daily Trail Pass is required for access within the ski area boundary and can be purchased when you reserve your rental equipment.
- TRAIL CONDITIONS: As always, please check our grooming report prior to your arrival for the latest trail updates, conditions, operational status, shuttle schedule and additional information prior to arrival.
- RESERVE AHEAD: Our day passes, rentals and lessons often sell out, especially on weekends and holidays so we recommend you book early to guarantee your ski or snowshoe experience.
|XC Daily Equipment Rentals||Public||Public
|Child (12 and under) Stride/Skate Ski/Snowshoe Gear||$25||$30||$22|
|Adult (13+) Stride/Skate Ski/Snowshoe Gear||$38||$43||$34|
|Demo – High Performance Equipment**||$58||$63||$54|
|Chariot Sled for towing a child||$38||$43||$34|
*2022/23 Peak Holiday Dates:
- December 24, 2022-January 7, 2023
- January 14-16, 2023
- February 18-25, 2023
**Tahoe Donner members must create/log into their ShopTD member account to receive member pricing. If you have questions about your membership status, need to set up a member profile for a child age 12 and/or under or need help setting up your member account, please call (530) 587 9400 ext. 0. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEASON RENTALS AVAILABLE
Pay upfront for a season rental, which allows you to check out any of our basic rental fleet of classic or skate skis and snowshoes (and/or demo gear if you sign up for the demo pass) any day, all season long. Head straight to the rental shop, where staff will help you sign in, select and check out gear, then drop it back when you are done for the day.
Available to season passholders only.
|Season-long Equipment Rentals||Public||Member***|
|Season Rental Child (12 and under)||Available Fall 2023||Available Fall 2023|
|Season Rental Adult||Available Fall 2023||Available Fall 2023|
|Season Demo Rental – Adult||Available Fall 2023||Available Fall 2023|
Find our most current cancellation policies here.