Bermgarten Trailhead Improvement
WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- The Bermgarten Trailhead Improvement Project, located on Tahoe Donner’s southern border off Skislope Way, will pave the area surrounding this area full of scenic, historic and recreational value.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- Member access will increase for one of Tahoe Donner’s most beautiful and historically significant areas of open space.
- Vehicles will be able to park on lots instead of streets.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- This trailhead improvement may potentially alleviate congestion at Glacier Way as a way to assist in dispersing parking through the Tahoe Donner trail network.
- The development of new green (easy) ability trails may be prioritized due to this project.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
- The Bermgarten Trailhead has been paved as of October 2020.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST?
- The proposed budget was $45,000 with a combination of Development and Replacement Reserve Funds.
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?