Golf Course Renovation
WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- The Golf Course Renovation Project includes the full replacement of all greens and select tee and fairway improvements, including:
- Improved turf and playing surfaces
- Relocated cart paths
- Increased playability
- Better playability of landing areas due to drainage work
- Tee expansion and forward tees
- Faster pace of play
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- The last major course improvements were made over 10 years ago, and while the general rule for the replacement of greens is 20 years, we have been able to utilize our greens for over 40 years. It’s time for a reset.
- Eight years ago, we recognized that the golf course fairways and other course components weren’t accounted for in the Replacement Reserve Fund. Since then, we have saved and, with a combined budget of over $2 million, we are now able to address our golf course greens and other important course repairs to maintain our members’ championship course quality.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- While the course has been closed to all users in 2020, the renovations will improve playability as a brand-new and refreshed golf course.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
- The contract portion of this work is complete, and the course will be ready for play when it opens in spring 2021.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST?
- The total cost is anticipated to be $2.2 million.
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?