WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
- The Snowplay Snowmaking Project encompasses the ability to have snow made at the Snowplay amenity in the winter months, even in seasons with little snow.
- Snowmaking is an insurance policy to offer a quality and consistent service, particularly during the holiday period, which is key for generating revenue and serving the membership.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
- Past seasons have seen less early-season snow, which affects the reliability to offer Snowplay and/or maintain its quality experience.
WHAT ARE THE IMPACTS?
- The acquisition of a snowmaking gun will create more member enjoyment out of Snowplay all season long, especially in the early months of the season and around the holidays.
- Blowing snow for an estimated 2-3 weeks per season using the industry’s quietest snow-making equipment available.
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE?
- This project is complete.
WHAT IS THE TOTAL COST?
- Snowmaking at Snowplay total costs came to $221,594.79
HOW DO I PROVIDE FEEDBACK?
- May 27, 2022 board meeting presentation
- November 11, 2021 board meeting presentation
- August 27, 2021 board meeting presentation
- October 23, 2020 board meeting presentation
- October 14, 2020 Phase 1 decision paper
- April 9, 2020 board meeting presentation
- April 3, 2020 project final design decision paper
- Snowplay snowmaking neighbor notification