PRIVATE SKI LESSONS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE 2020/21 SEASON. PRE-PURCHASE OF PRIVATE LESSONS WILL BE AVAILABLE STARTING DECEMBER 1, 2020.
Tahoe Donner: The Best Place to Begin
Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort is the best place in the Tahoe region for family fun and learning. Our affordable lessons are designed for all levels. We’re not only known for our learn-to-ski programs, but we’re also one of the only resorts in the area teaching kids as young as 3 years old. Adults can hone their skills with a private lesson with one of our pros. Whatever your level, Tahoe Donner is the best place to begin!
- All students in lessons are required to have a valid lift ticket or season pass.
- All lesson participants must wear a face covering which covers their nose and mouth.
- It is required that all children in lessons wear appropriate attire: helmets, waterproof pants, gloves and goggles or sunglasses.
- A parent or responsible guardian is required to remain at the downhill facility during their child’s lessons.
- A parent/guardian with a lift ticket and ski/snowboard equipment must accompany children ages 6 and under during their private lesson.
- Instructors will not be riding the chairlift with children in lessons. A parent/guardian with a lift ticket and ski/snowboard equipment may accompany them during their lesson if desired.
Reserve Lessons Online
Reservations and pre-sales are available online. Online lesson sales are available until 4PM on the day prior to the lesson. Full payment is required via Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort specializes in teaching first-timers and novices. Consider these tips to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
- When purchasing a ski or snowboard lesson, reserve your lift ticket and rental equipment online. Reservations are required in advance.
- Allow at least one hour before your lesson to be fitted with your rental equipment on most days. Arrive up to two hours before your lesson on weekends and holiday peak dates (or at 8AM for a 9AM lesson), so you can make your lesson on time.
- Meet at the Learning Center 10 minutes before your lesson starts.
- Ask questions! Our staff is here to help and will do everything possible to make your day on the slopes a memorable one.
All sales are final. Due to limited capacity this season, there are no returns or refunds on tickets, rentals or lessons, and products cannot be transferred to another date. Please confirm your date(s) prior to completing your purchase. Tahoe Donner cannot guarantee weather conditions, driving and road conditions or operating lifts.