These are our most popular and productive lessons with the most experienced instructors at Tahoe Donner. The class will move at your pace and be individually tailored to your group. Reservations recommended weeks in advance for Peak dates, or least 48 hours in advance for other dates. To make your reservation, please fill out the form below, call (530) 587-9444 or stop by the Ticket Office.
2018/19 Private Lessons – Downhill
|1 Hour – Individual (9AM or 12:45PM)||$131||$157||$124||$149||$118|
|1 Hour – Each additional person||$29||$35||$28||$33||$26|
|Half Day (3 hours) – 1-4 people (9AM or 1PM)||$321||$385||$305||$366||$289|
|Full Day (6 hours) – 1-4 people (9AM or 1PM)||$505||$606||$480||$576||$455|
Lift ticket and rental gear not included.
* 2018/19 Peak Dates: Dec. 22-Jan. 6, Jan. 19-20, Feb. 16-23.
** Transferable Guest Card or accompanying member required at Check-In. To receive Guest rate, advanced reservations must be purchased at the Public rate. The Guest rate will be applied at check-in when presenting a valid Transferable Guest Card or accompanying a Tahoe Donner member. Discounts cannot be applied or refunded after check-in.
*** Member ID Card required at check-in.
*** To receive Child (6 & Under) Member rates, each child must have a Shop TD Member profile in our system before purchase. Eligible Tahoe Donner Members should contact Member Services to create the profile for your 6 & under child at email@example.com
Tahoe Donner requires all students under age 13 to wear an approved ski helmet when taking a lesson. We also recommend helmets for all our patrons. We have helmets available for daily rental as well as for purchase at our retail location.
Required Items for Lessons
Eyewear (goggles or sunglasses with lenses appropriate for light conditions), waterproof clothing and waterproof gloves.
Tahoe Donner Ski Resort specializes in teaching first timers and novices and is committed to being the best place for family fun and learning in the Tahoe region. Listed below are some tips to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
- Purchase a ski or snowboard package (includes lift ticket, lesson and rental equipment) at our ticket and lesson location. Reservations are highly recommended.
- Allow a least 1 hour before your lesson to be fitted with your rental equipment on most days. Arrive up to 2 hours before your lesson on weekends and holiday Peak dates (or right at 8:00am for a 9:00am lesson), so you can make your lesson on time.
- Meet 10 minutes before your lesson starts. Snowflakes (ski ages 3-4 and ski ages 5-6) meet at the Snowflake Meeting Area. All other lessons meet at the Learning Center.
- Be sure to have the appropriate clothing for skiing and riding. Key essentials are gloves, eye wear, jacket, and snow pants. Kids taking lessons are required to have eye wear, waterproof pants, gloves, and helmet to participate. This will make their first experience great!
- Ask questions! Our staff is here to help and will do everything possible to make your day on the slopes a memorable one.