Beach Club Marina will Open May 27, 2016
We’ll see you this summer with new boat launching policies in place. Read them here or below.
Kayak and SUP Lottery is Now Closed
Lakeside storage lottery for the Beach Club Marina began on March 21 at 9 a.m. and closed on March 28 at midnight. The cost is $150 per spot. If you received a spot, you would have been notified by the end of the day on March 30. Exit side lottery began on March 31 at 9 a.m. and closed at midnight on April 7. The cost is $100 per spot. You would have been notified by the end of the day April 9 if you received a spot. We will be taking payment and accepting liability waivers from May 27 through June 15 at the beach club. Fill out the waiver. You can come by or call 530-587-9460 to make arrangements, and just ask for Ali or Tommy.
IMPORTANT: If you receive a spot and no longer want it, there is a $15 cancellation fee.
The Beach Club Marina is located on the east end of Donner Lake. The Marina offers a variety of activities for everyone to enjoy, including:
- standup paddleboard
Friday, May 27 – Monday, Sept. 5
7 a.m. – 9 p.m., daily (Exit gate closes at 9 p.m.)
Tuesday, Sept. 6 – Sunday, Oct. 2
8 a.m. – 7 p.m., daily
Beach Club Marina Boat Ramp Update 4/25/16If the water level allows, we will resume trailered boat launching at the marina this summer. The information we gathered through the town hall meeting and survey process this past February was very valuable in helping us understand what is important to our membership. Over the past few months all the feedback was reviewed by staff and the board of directors resulting in board action at its meeting on Friday, April 22. The board approved procedures and protocols to begin with this season’s marina opening. Please review the boat ramp rules below and contact the Beach Club Marina staff at 530-587-9460 if you have any questions.
• Members who wish to launch a trailered vessel at the Beach Club Marina are required to register the vessel with Tahoe Donner. To register bring a:
copy of the vessel registration and
proof of insurance for the vessel with Tahoe Donner named as additionally insured and
be prepared to sign a release of liability waiver.
Once your registration is complete, a sticker will be issued which you will present to the marina staff at time of launch.
• There are three ways to register your vessel:
Register, with above stated documents in hand, at Member Services in the Northwoods Clubhouse.
Register online via a soon to be provided link. Check back here for the link.
Register at the Beach Club Marina. While you can register here, it is encouraged that you register at Member Services or online well in advance of boating season to avoid confusion, congestion, and delay at the Beach Club.
• The launch area will be staffed with personnel dedicated to direct traffic and monitor activity in the launch area. Please follow the directions of the ramp monitor at all times.
• Launching and loading your vessel requires two people. Solo launching/loading is not permitted. There must be two people: one to observe the ramp and launch zone for pedestrians and other hazards, and the other to manage the tow vehicle. Marina staff may not drive either the vessel or the tow vehicle, nor may they be the observation person.
• All members or guests on board are charged a daily access fee, even if they do not plan to use other Beach Club facilities.
Again, please feel free to contact the Beach Club manager, Ali Kovach, at 530-587-9460 with any questions concerning the changes to the launch policies.
11 a.m. – 6 p.m., daily May 27 – Oct. 2
Limited food selections: May 27 – June 15 and Sept. 6 – Oct. 4
Watercraft inspections will begin at the Donner Lake Public Boat Launch beginning on May 9, 2015. Inspections will only be available on Saturday and Sunday until June 1, 2015, after which watercraft inspections will be conducted seven days a week. See more at http://local.nixle.com/alert/5407675/#sthash.Y5n7lJX6.dpuf. For additional information on watercraft inspection requirements and aquatic invasive species, visit TAHOERCD.ORG/TRUCKEE-AQUATIC-INVASIVE-SPECIES-PROGRAM/