WINTER WEATHER WARNING: Heavy snow in the forecast through early next week. Carry chains and drive cautiously. Be prepared.
Tahoe Donner Trail System
Tahoe Donner has 60+ miles of trails and fire service roads, covering approximately 3,474 acres of epic, wild terrain. Many species of animals can be seen here, including quail, grouse, squirrels, rabbits, marmots, beavers, deer, mountain lions and black bear. Hikers, bikers and equestrians cherish this incredible natural resource. These trails are open to Tahoe Donner homeowners and their guests.
There are many opportunities to volunteer to keep our trails and our surroundings in great shape. Sign up for a trail day, a weed walk, or a clean up day. See more details on our volunteer page and events page.
The Euer Valley is open for hiking, biking, and equestrian riding, with the following guidelines:
- Motorized access to the Euer Valley is forbidden, except for Tahoe Donner staff.
- No camping or fires are allowed.
- The Euer family still owns 40 acres in the middle of the valley. Please avoid hiking near the homestead and its nearby buildings.
- The valley is a “pack in / pack out” destination. Please do your part to keep this a litter-free landscape.
- Respect the privacy of those who live adjacent to Euer Valley, including at the end of Alder Creek Road. Sound levels should be kept low and vehicles should be parked on the street near the Alder Creek Adventure Center.
- For emergencies call 911 but be aware that cell service can be weak and response times slow.
Thank you for your cooperation as we make this outstanding land available to members while preserving the natural experience there.
View the Trails Master Plan (pdf)
View feedback on our trails management (pdf)
Trail Etiquette and Safety
Hiking, biking or horseback riding on Tahoe Donner’s trails is a wonderful way to enjoy the great outdoors. With the increasing...Read More
Tahoe Donner Purchases 640-Acre Crabtree Canyon
Tahoe Donner works with Truckee Donner Land Trust in land acquisitionRead More
Video: Where Traditions Begin
Watch and learn about our unique and vibrant community.Read More
Get involved by volunteering with Tahoe DonnerRead More