Tahoe Donner Trail System
Tahoe Donner has 38 miles of trails and fire service roads, covering approximately 3,474 acres of epic, wild terrain. Many species of animals can be seen here, including quail, grouse, squirrels, rabbits, marmots, beavers, deer, mountain lions and black bear. Hikers, bikers and equestrians cherish this incredible natural resource. These trails are open to Tahoe Donner homeowners and their guests.
Update 9/19/13: The Euer Valley bathroom facility has been removed due to recent weather and cold overnight temperatures. Also, Trail Rangers will only patrol Fridays through Sundays through the fall 2013 season.
There are many opportunities to volunteer to keep our trails and our surroundings in great shape. Sign up for a trail day, a weed walk, or a clean up day. See more details on our volunteer page.
This summer, the Euer Valley will be open for hiking, biking, and equestrian riding, with the following guidelines:
- Motorized access to the Euer Valley is forbidden, except for Tahoe Donner staff and others who have a deeded right of way over the land.
- For the next three years, free range livestock will be present in the valley. Please avoid them and proceed with caution.
- The Euer family still owns 40 acres in the middle of the valley. This land will eventually be marked. In the meantime, please avoid hiking near the homestead and its nearby buildings.
- On select weekends this year, Tahoe Donner will offer a shuttle bus with paid access from the Equestrian Center to the Euer Valley. Details will be shared here this summer.
- The Euer Valley is a “pack in / pack out” destination. Please do your part to keep this a litter-free landscape.
- Respect the privacy of those who live adjacent to the Euer Valley. Sound levels should be kept low and vehicles should be parked at the Equestrian Center.
Thank you for your cooperation as we make this outstanding land available to members while preserving the natural experience there.
View the Trails Master Plan (pdf)
Trails Master Plan Meetings
Alta Design + Planning and Management are continuing work on the Trails Master Plan validation project.Read More
National Trails Day This Saturday
Fun Family Event for all AgesRead More
Truckee Donner Historical Society Presentation by Barbara Shelden Czerwinski, PhD
150-20 Truckee: Frontier Settlement to Premier Year-Round Tourist TownRead More
Get involved by volunteering with Tahoe DonnerRead More