We offer long- and short-term horse boarding through September 30 (conditions permitting). Reservations are required. To make a reservation request, please submit an online application. Submitting an application does not guarantee a boarding space. For more information, call (530) 587-9470 or email equestrian manager Krystal Rae Mecham.
Basic Paddock Boarding – 2019 Rates
12’ x 24’ partially covered pipe corral paddocks are available as space permits and include:
- Daily cleaning
- Twice daily feeding of grass and/or alfalfa hay
Cost per night: Member $29, Non-Member $47
Cost per week: Member $119, Non-Member $194
Cost per month: Member $439, Non-Member $589
24-hour cancellation policy
Deluxe Large Paddocks Available
We have four (4) deluxe large 24' x 24' paddocks with a 12' shelter. Based on availability for one horse capacity. First come, first served.
Cost per night: Member $37, Non-Member $54
Cost per week: Member $159, Non-Member $244
Cost per month: Member $599, Non-Member $759
24-hour cancellation policy
Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center Boarding Rules and Information
- Please keep a halter and lead-rope on your horse’s stall or paddock.
- Each boarder will be given a closet in a tack shed to keep personal equipment in. Please bring your own lock for your closet.
- Personal grain bins should be stored in your tack space. If, you have grain that you would like the equestrian staff to feed please have it portioned out in Ziplocs and let the equestrian manager know, we will feed it at the advised time. Please label the Ziploc with the horse’s name and AM/PM.
- Please clean up after your horse when using the arena and round pen.
- Any visitors you bring with you to the TD Equestrian Center, even if not riding, must check in at office and fill out a release form. Minors will need to have a parent sign for them.
- If you have a guest that wishes to bring their horse up for day riding, please give us 24 hours notice. Your guest will need to check in at the office and fill out release forms before unloading their horses.
- Do not take your horse across the parking lot.
- When riding on trails please give tourist trail rides right of way. Approach and leave such groups at a walk.
- Do not ride your horse on any trail that goes near a house in Tahoe Donner.
- Please stay off of very wet and muddy trails.
- Hikers, mountain bikers and horses all share the trails in Tahoe Donner. Hikers and bikers are asked to yield to the horses. Please be courteous to any hikers or bikers that you may meet.
- Euer Valley – Only a certain portion of the Euer Valley is open for our use. Please stay out of the areas that are posted as private property. We have maps available.
- 7 C’s Ranch – Stay away from this area. It is clearly marked on Euer Valley map. They are not friendly to trespassers and they have a very active gun range on their property.
- Please leave the front gates as you find them. If open leave them open. If they are closed, please shut them behind you.
- Boarders may drive back to the boarder area and park only after 4:30PM.
- 24-hour cancellation policy
- Dogs are welcome at the equestrian center as long as they are well behaved and under control. Dogs must be on leash while on ranch grounds. Dogs are allowed on trails but must be under control at all times. Any dog harassing cattle, horses, hikers or bikers will be expelled. Please pick up after your pet.
- Arena usage: The majority of the season there will be at least one section of the arena open for boarders' use.
- Water: Your horse's water will never be empty, but if you are leaving the next day, we will not top it off the day before.
- Billing: Boarding will be charged at the beginning of your stay at the equestrian center. After unloading your horse, you will proceed to the front office where you will complete paperwork and pay for your stay. If you are a long-term boarder we will place your credit card on file and you will be charged on the 1st of each month. If there are any changes with your stay we will adjust them as needed. Please make your payments at the office during regular office hours. Office hours are 8:30AM-4:30PM.
Horseback Riding with Your Own Horse at Tahoe Donner
Equestrians who wish to bring their own horses and ride the Tahoe Donner trail system, and are not boarding at the equestrian center, must call in advance at (530) 587-9471. There is a trail fee of $15 per horse to be paid in the main office. Riders may pull back into the equestrian center, follow the signs for public riders and unload their horses. Then you must park in the trailer parking at the south end of Alder Creek Adventure Center or park on the street.