COVID-19 Policies + Procedures
Tahoe Donner will be offering nine weeks of Day Camps from the week of June 14 to the week of Aug. 9. We are very excited to welcome your camper and give them the socialization and interaction that fosters their lifelong development and health.
Tahoe Donner is taking many precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 throughout our camps and at other amenities. Day Camps will be held 90% outdoors, but children may need to be indoors to escape the sun or rain.
Parents must read and agree to the COVID-19 Questionnaire before signing their child in each day. By doing so, parents verify that they continue to answer ‘true’ to all COVID-19-related questions. View Questionnaire here.
PICKING UP/DROPPING OFF YOUR CHILD
- A check-in signature will verify that all COVID-19 Questionnaire items are still valid. Please bring your own pen.
- Parents/caregivers must screen their children for a fever (100.4°F/38°C or higher) prior to arriving at Day Camps each day.
- Parents/caregivers will wear face masks during drop-off and pick-up periods.
- Parents/caregivers will sign their camper in and out daily. Please bring your own pen.
- Staff will expect that drop-offs and pickups be as brief as possible.
- Staff will ask parents/caregivers to not physically enter the program rooms unless completely necessary.
- Staff will ask parents/caregivers to wear a face mask if they must enter a program room; they will enter and exit the room one person at a time to allow for physical distancing.
- Parents/caregivers will be expected to wash their own hands and see that the hands of their children are washed before drop-off, before pickup and when they get home.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided and located near all entries and other high-traffic areas.
- All campers will be required to wear a face mask to Day Camps.
- Tahoe Donner staff are required to wear face masks while at Day Camps.
- Masks will be worn as much as possible during camps, although some activities may require campers to remove their mask.
- If transportation will be utilized, seats, seatbelts and doors will be sanitized before each use.
- All staff and children will wash and/or sanitize their hands before entering the bus.
- All staff and children will be required to wear face masks on the bus.
- Groups will stay together and not mix throughout the day.
- Groups will be formed based on age of camper.
THROUGHOUT THE DAY
- In addition to having clean hands upon drop-off, children will wash or sanitize their hands at the end of every activity.
- Staff will keep activity supplies separate amongst groups and will clean and wipe down after use.
- When activity is complete in each area, staff will thoroughly sanitize the area.
- Handwashing will be supervised by counselors and done frequently and before and after eating.
POSITIVE CASE PROTOCOL
- If a participant or a member of a participant’s household reports a positive COVID-19 case or any symptoms related to COVID-19 to Tahoe Donner Day Camp staff, staff will alert all families and staff involved in that participant’s camp immediately. Families will be notified whether the case or symptoms was within or outside of their child’s group.
- We will not close a program if we have a positive case, but we will give families the option to pull out of the program and receive full credit.
- An additional full cleaning and disinfection process, in accordance with CDC recommendations, will occur at Tahoe Donner as soon as possible and no later than the evening of the day that case was reported.
- Children and staff who become ill cannot return to their program until their Day Camp supervisor receives a negative test result or release from quarantine.
- Substitute staff are prepared to backfill in the event of a counselor being exposed and/or seeking testing or quarantine protocols.