Chipping began for the season on May 26, 2020.
A chipping permit is NOT required. Just follow the stacking directions below and your material will be chipped. The chipping crew will be rotating through the association on a planned schedule of streets.
Materials to be chipped must be:
- Stacked with the cut or large ends facing the street.
- In front of your home and stacked on the edge of the road, not on access easements.
- Stack loosely, no higher than 4 feet.
- Away from snow poles, fire hydrants,
trees, landscaping or structures.
- Brush and tree limbs up to 8 inches in diameter, either green or recently dead
- Minimum of 24 inches in length
- Maximum 8 feet in length
- Old, dead, hard branches with no bark attached
- Bark, pine needles and pine cones
- Roots or root wads (tree stumps)
- Scrap lumber
- Lot clearing for construction
- Garbage (trash)
- Metal or wire
Wood chips will be available for pickup on June 14, 2020 from parking lot #1 (the upper tier of the Downhill Ski Area Parking Lot). For more information about wood chip use for landscaping with regard to fire and defensible space, click here.
Map to Member Chip Pile
For additional questions, please call the Forestry Department at (530) 587-9432 or email email@example.com; or call Member Services at (530) 587-9400, ext. 0.