Dinner with a Twist
From our restaurant to your kitchen
The staff at The Lodge Restaurant & Pub update the menu seasonally to offer diners the freshest and finest ingredients, along with innovative creations to satisfy every palate. While some dishes are new every season, others are returning favorites, like the popular Panko and Parmesan Crusted Chicken. This dish takes a simple chicken breast and elevates it to the next level, and now diners have the option to make it at home. “If you’re tired of the same old chicken recipes, our Panko and Parmesan Crusted Chicken is a must try,” says Chef Lew Orlady. “It’s a relatively easy dish to make and your taste buds will thank you.”
Panko and Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast with Arugula, Fennel and Apple Slaw, and Lemon Aioli (Serves 2)
8 oz Panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp chopped parsley
3 tbsp grated parmesan
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup all purpose flour seasoned pinch salt, cracked pepper
- Mix the bread crumbs, salt, parsley and parmesan together in a bowl and place in a flat-bottom pan.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the spiced flour in a second bowl and set aside.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenderloin removed
- Place breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and lightly pound to approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Dredge the pounded chicken breasts in the seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip both sides of the floured chicken into the egg wash.
- Press both sides of the chicken into the bread crumbs for an even coating.
- Reserve on a plate for cooking.
3 medium shallots, sliced
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 tbsp olive oil
¾ cup seasoned rice vinegar
½ cup sherry vinegar
3 tbsp lemon juice (fresh)
3 tbsp honey
- Sauté the garlic and shallots with the olive oil. Place in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to blender, blend slowly.
- Add 1 cup pure olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir; if it is not emulsified (refrigerate extra dressing up to six weeks).
2 oz baby arugula
1 small fennel bulb (trimmed, cut in half, trim core)
1 Granny Smith apple (cut in half and cored)
1 oz sherry vinaigrette
1 pinch of salt, fresh pepper
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, shave ¼ (or to taste) of the fennel bulb and ¼ (or to taste) of the apple into a medium-size bowl.
- Add the baby arugula and toss with the sherry vinaigrette, salt and pepper.
Creamy Lemon Aioli
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp water
1½ tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
1 tbsp garlic puree
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 zest of 1 lemon
- Whisk together ingredients.
Cooking and Plating:
- Drizzle 1 oz of the lemon aioli onto plates with spoon or bottle.
- Heat 2 oz of clarified butter or canola oil on medium.
- Lower heat and add the breaded chicken. Cook until browned on both sides, turning once (approx 3 min/side).
- Place chicken on dressed dinner plates.
- Top with a generous handful of slaw.