ABOUT THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tahoe Donner Association is a self-directed common interest development governed by a five-member board of directors; each director is elected for a three-year term. The board governs the financial management and general operation of the association.
ANNUAL BUDGET: $27.8 million, includes revenue, expenses, annual assessments and required reserve funds.
OPERATIONS: The physical management and maintenance of the association’s common areas, operation of the resort amenities and enforcement of the land-use restrictions and architectural standards.
ONGOING BUSINESS: Management of the Association Master Plan, fiscal monitoring of amenities, approval of the annual budget, utilization of open spaces and fulfilling the vision of Tahoe Donner.
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AREAS OF FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Determination of annual assessment dues and fee structure for things like ski season passes, daily access fees, rule violation fines and more.
- Developing operational rules and enforcement policies like those governing Short-Term Rentals (STRs).
- Long-term strategic planning and annually setting organizational goals, priorities and the annual budget.
- Evaluation of the need for capital projects spending and/or changes to existing programs/amenities.
- Establishing the governance tone and culture of the community.
EXAMPLES OF BOARD DECISIONS
- Building the Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Expanding the Equestrian Center
- Approving new winter operation grooming machines
- Setting the Trails Master Plan
- Creating Peak Period Pricing for member, guest and public
- Replacing the Snowbird Chairlift
- Expanding Trout Creek Recreation Center
- Increasing Annual Assessment to adequately fund reserves and operations
- Purchasing property adjacent to Tahoe Donner to preserve open space, expand recreation opportunities and provide for the defensible space of our community
- Selecting members and setting goals for volunteer committees
- Hearing member appeals from Architectural and Covenants Committee decisions