Nominations for the 2023 Board of Directors Election closed on April 20, 2023, at 10AM. At that time, the Elections Committee received only two applications for the two open seats and verified the eligibility of the following candidates, who were confirmed as directors by acclamation on April 28, 2023:
ABOUT THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tahoe Donner Association is a self-directed common interest development governed by a five-member board of directors; each director is elected for a three-year term. The board governs the financial management and general operation of the association.
ANNUAL BUDGET: $34 million, includes revenue, expenses, annual assessments and required reserve funds.
OPERATIONS: The physical management and maintenance of the association’s common areas, operation of the resort amenities and enforcement of the land-use restrictions and architectural standards.
ONGOING BUSINESS: Management of the Association Master Plan, fiscal monitoring of amenities, approval of the annual budget, utilization of open spaces and fulfilling the vision of Tahoe Donner.
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AREAS OF FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Determination of Annual Assessment dues and fee structures.
- Developing operational rules and enforcement policies.
- Long-term strategic planning and annually setting organizational goals, priorities and the annual budget.
- Evaluation of the need for capital projects spending and/or changes to existing programs/amenities.
- Establishing the governance tone and culture of the community.
EXAMPLES OF BOARD DECISIONS
- Building the Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Expanding the Equestrian Center
- Expanding Trout Creek Recreation Center
- Approving the Trails and Open Space Master Plan
- Approving new and replacement equipment purchases
- Purchasing property adjacent to Tahoe Donner to preserve open space, expand recreation opportunities and provide for the defensible space of our community
- Selecting members and setting goals for volunteer committees
- Hearing member appeals from Architectural and Covenants Committee decisions