The 2024 Board of Directors election is scheduled to conclude at the June 30, 2024 Annual Meeting of Members. The following information pertains to the election:
- One board position is being filled at the election.
- Candidate nomination applications will be available beginning March 14, 2024 on the Tahoe Donner Association website.
- The deadline for submitting nomination applications is 10AM on April 15, 2024.
- Completed applications must be sent by email in PDF format to the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If only one qualified candidate nomination is received by the 10AM April 15, 2024 deadline, the Board may, after voting to do so, seat the qualified candidate by acclamation without balloting.
ABOUT THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tahoe Donner Association is a self-directed common interest development governed by a five-member board of directors; each director is elected for a three-year term. The board governs the financial management and general operation of the association.
ANNUAL BUDGET: $34 million, includes revenue, expenses, annual assessments and required reserve funds.
OPERATIONS: The physical management and maintenance of the association’s common areas, operation of the resort amenities and enforcement of the land-use restrictions and architectural standards.
ONGOING BUSINESS: Management of the Association Master Plan, fiscal monitoring of amenities, approval of the annual budget, utilization of open spaces and fulfilling the vision of Tahoe Donner.
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AREAS OF FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Determination of Annual Assessment dues and fee structures.
- Developing operational rules and enforcement policies.
- Long-term strategic planning and annually setting organizational goals, priorities and the annual budget.
- Evaluation of the need for capital projects spending and/or changes to existing programs/amenities.
- Establishing the governance tone and culture of the community.
EXAMPLES OF BOARD DECISIONS
- Building the Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Expanding the Equestrian Center
- Expanding Trout Creek Recreation Center
- Approving the Trails and Open Space Master Plan
- Approving new and replacement equipment purchases
- Purchasing property adjacent to Tahoe Donner to preserve open space, expand recreation opportunities and provide for the defensible space of our community
- Selecting members and setting goals for volunteer committees
- Hearing member appeals from Architectural and Covenants Committee decisions